Scenario in 2016-17

arondude

Miles gets credit for a great transfer that woked out great (TP), considering taking any transfer is always a risk. TP will get paid to play somewhere.  The key is to find some more of those dudes and get them here.  

Uh...in addition to Andrew White and Anton Gill?

In all fairness to "Creighto...  I mean "Husker Fan" here, the jury's still kind of out on Gill.

What are your expectations for next year. Because we all have high hopes year after year, and let's face it, usually end up filling out a bracket without our team on it, I would like to ask the board a scenario question. If next year, we have basically the same results as this year, what would you expect to be the path forward?

For example, if we go:

17-14, 9-9

Lose to Creighton + a couple questionables

End up NIT or worse.

What would your opinion be of the state of the program, and how Eichorst would react?

Is it NCAA or bust next year for Miles? Has he had enough time to make a big step forward?

As for your last two questions, next year is not NCAA or bust. And has Miles had enough time to make a big step forward? Depends on what your definition of big step forward is. In my eyes, he has already made a huge step forward in terms of where the program was when he got here and where it is now. Made the NCAA tournament already. Now whether you believe that was luck or the team getting hot or whatever, the team still made it to the tournament. And in terms of recruiting, we are light years ahead of what Doc was able to do, even without being able to nail down a legit big man. Now, what we do next year will speak volumes to how well recruited talent is developed but I think we are headed in the right direction in that regard.

I don't see us light years ahead in recruiting compared to Doc??  If that was true, this conversation would not be happening.  I think it is also fair to compare  the depth and quality of the BIG now compared to Doc's last 3 years. Miles gets credit for a great transfer that woked out great (TP), considering taking any transfer is always a risk. TP will get paid to play somewhere.  The key is to find some more of those dudes and get them here.  So, do we have any Pros on the  roster now or any on the way?? 

Obviously you don't remember just how bad our recruiting was under Doc. 

Yes we are light years better in recruiting...and that's even with our strike outs on big men and Miles inability to fill out a roster. 

It just gets a little disappointing.  Please excuse my frustration.  We just never turn the corner.  Until we (fans) start deciding that we deserve an NCAA tourney team year over year, I just don't see major leaps and bounds happening.  We just accept it, and say "maybe next year".

If Creighton beats us again at home next season, that's it, we need a major change at the top.

If we don't make the tourney (no, not the NIT), that's it, we need a change at the top.

It just gets a little disappointing. Please excuse my frustration. We just never turn the corner. Until we (fans) start deciding that we deserve an NCAA tourney team year over year, I just don't see major leaps and bounds happening. We just accept it, and say "maybe next year".

If Creighton beats us again at home next season, that's it, we need a major change at the top.

If we don't make the tourney (no, not the NIT), that's it, we need a change at the top.

I like how you think starting over with a new coaching staff is going to magically turn things around. What coach are you going to be able to bring to this program right now that's going to get us to a tournament in the next year or two?

It just gets a little disappointing.  Please excuse my frustration.  We just never turn the corner.  Until we (fans) start deciding that we deserve an NCAA tourney team year over year, I just don't see major leaps and bounds happening.  We just accept it, and say "maybe next year".

Miles will get two more years no matter what, and will get a seventh year with making at least one NCAA tournament in the next two years. But, they really do need a breakthrough season next year or all the momentum from a fresh coach, new arena, new facilities will dwindle away. It's a lot easier to get over the hump in year five than in year six or seven because perception starts to become reality.

It just gets a little disappointing. Please excuse my frustration. We just never turn the corner. Until we (fans) start deciding that we deserve an NCAA tourney team year over year, I just don't see major leaps and bounds happening. We just accept it, and say "maybe next year".

I like how you think starting over with a new coaching staff is going to magically turn things around. What coach are you going to be able to bring to this program right now that's going to get us to a tournament in the next year or two?

That's a losing mentality...we just can't get any better......basketball can be turned around faster than any other sport.  Let's go get Altman...how about Craig Smith?

I like how you think starting over with a new coaching staff is going to magically turn things around. What coach are you going to be able to bring to this program right now that's going to get us to a tournament in the next year or two ​that won't have use out of the tournament on probation soon after?

Fixed it for you  :)

And if had fired Tom Osborne for simple not beating OU every year, we wouldn't have 3 more National Championship trophies in the trophy case.

And if had fired Tom Osborne for simple not beating OU every year, we wouldn't have 3 more National Championship trophies in the trophy case.

Apples and Oranges....although, I don't think Miles inability to beat Creighton is a fireable offense.  It's one game out of 30+ games but it's just another knock on him if he can't get us in the top half of the Big Ten in the next few years. 

Apples and Oranges....although, I don't think Miles inability to beat Creighton is a fireable offense.  It's one game out of 30+ games but it's just another knock on him if he can't get us in the top half of the Big Ten in the next few years. 

Tim can't beat Creighton due to his defensive philosophy

Tim can't beat Creighton due to his defensive philosophy

I'm afraid you are correct.  It may be wise for him to try something new next year to avoid another beatdown by McDermott. 

Nah, we should embrace the annual Creighton beat down and wear it as a badge of honor. It's the least we can do. Like when the daddy "wrestles" with his little kid. It's kinda cute and does wonders for the kids confidence and sense of self worth.

Lord knows they can use it if they have nothing better to do than to come over here and troll HHC.

Fan's don't "deserve" anything. You're not putting any sweat or flesh into this project. I know we are talking about big money nowadays but we've come a long way from where college athletics (and high school) are supposed to be. The games are supposed to be for the players and we are just lucky that they let us in to get to watch. I can't stand to go to high school games and hear people yell at other people's kids the same way they would at a professional athlete when they mess up. Step back, breathe and enjoy the entertainment.  

Fan's don't "deserve" anything. You're not putting any sweat or flesh into this project. I know we are talking about big money nowadays but we've come a long way from where college athletics (and high school) are supposed to be. The games are supposed to be for the players and we are just lucky that they let us in to get to watch. I can't stand to go to high school games and hear people yell at other people's kids the same way they would at a professional athlete when they mess up. Step back, breathe and enjoy the entertainment.  

I may have to make a sock puppet account so I can up-arrow this more than once.

However I am usually breathing very hard and the sweat is pouring off me by the time I have walked from my car to the third level seats I have.

But that is because I am fat.