Rutgers (6-17) vs. Nebraska (12-11) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I think one of biggest things all the young big guys need to work on during the offseason in conditioning is hand strength.  Too many balls are easily stripped or blocked.  These guys have some obvious abilities that will improve exponentially if they can fight through the strips, blocks and associated fouls that accompany them.

Brian Rosenthal ‏@HuskerExtraBR 8m8 minutes ago Trainer R.J. Pietig says Shavon Shields is conscious and has full movement in all extremities. Taken to local hospital for precaution.

Brian Rosenthal ‏@HuskerExtraBR 8m8 minutes ago
Pietig said Shields was alert and answering questions. Uncertain where he took brunt of fall.

bow.gif

By my calculation, Rutgers was 12-20 from the floor when they went up by 6 with 7:35 to go with 33 points.  The final 27:35 they went 12-38 with 30 points.

We finished with 22 assists on 34 shots.  Watson went 8 points and 9 assists.  Jacobson went for 13 points and 5 rebounds.  Morrow went for 10 points and 7 rebounds.

Makes home game against PSU next Saturday tougher than it should be. 

At Wisconsin and at Indiana were going to be difficult W's anyway.

I hope it's not too much to want him to play in the final four (games — well, in the Final Four, too):

2/20 Ohio State

2/25 at Penn State

3/1   Purdue

3/5   at Northwestern

Miles in post game radio interview talking about using McVeigh and Fuller more because Shavon may be out for awhile.