NIT Hopes

I think this team needs to win 6 out of the next 8 to have any hopes for an NIT bid.  That's assuming we don't make a deep run in the tournament.  Even with winning 6 out of the next 8 our RPI is not great....#114 per RPI Wizard.  But, going 10-8 in the Big Ten I believe would get us in.  I think it's doable...I had @Wiscy and @Indiana as our only losses.  We should be favored vs Rutgers, PSU, Ohio St, @PSU.  Purde and NW we will likely be underdogs but both very winnable games IMO. 

RPI Forecast gives us an 8.65% chance of 10-8 happening right now.

Final Record — Expected RPI — Probability

20-11 ————- 90.9 —————- 0.16%
19-12 ———— 102.3 ————— 1.50%
18-13 ———— 117.5 ————— 8.65%
17-14 ———— 133.4 ————— 23.51%
16-15 ———— 148.9 ————— 32.30%
15-16 ———— 163.4 ————— 23.84%
14-17 ———— 177.4 ————— 8.67%
13-18 ———— 189.9 ————— 1.28%
12-19 ———— 202.1 ————— 0.08%

NIT chance: none. The NIT is now merit-based not who has the best fans and can fill an arena.

I think we have a chance at the CBI but I think we would need to have at least 16 wins. That is doable

I hope Miles accepts a CBI offer if it comes down to it.  The young guys on this team could use some extra games/practices. 

NIT chance: none. The NIT is now merit-based not who has the best fans and can fill an arena.

I think we have a chance at the CBI but I think we would need to have at least 16 wins. That is doable

Totally disagree.  I think we still have a good shot at the NIT.  If we can win 6 of our last 8 games (which is doable), we would finish the regular season at 18-13.  There are plenty of teams that get an NIT bid with records like that.  Heck, we could even go 2-1 in the Big 10 tournament and finish with a 20-14 record for the year.  Nothing is impossible at this point.

Let's not give up on a magical run this last month and a half! NCAA tourney IS the goal!

We only need 4 days for that run!

Damn right gentleman.  Have you not heard of playing opposum?  I spoke with Tim Miles in private and he confirmed that we have been throwing games in order to COMPLETELY change the mindset of the state after we come alive and win the B1G tournament and eventually make it to the elite 8.  That dude can be considered borderline psychopath.  Marbles the size of PBA. 

He finished by telling me "YOLO, remember this stays here"

Man, I don't know how you guys do it...seriously, I can only think about Rutgers tomorrow with the hope that we kick their butts.  I don't even know who we play after Rutgers or where and when.  To worry about the NIT or NCAA tournament should not even be a whisper of thought for this team...yet. 

Man, I don't know how you guys do it...seriously, I can only think about Rutgers tomorrow with the hope that we kick their butts.  I don't even know who we play after Rutgers or where and when.  To worry about the NIT or NCAA tournament should not even be a whisper of thought for this team...yet.

I agree I only know we play Wisconsin next because I am going to be out of town.