If petteway and pitchford had stayed...

FredsSlacks

Well, Nebraska appears set to play a game next season at Allen Fieldhouse. AW-III homecoming. Wouldn't that be something for him to get that playing time in front of the Jayhawkers and for Nebraska to escape with that dub! GBR

Just curious where you are getting this information that it appears we are set to play an away game against KU next year?

Well, Nebraska appears set to play a game next season at Allen Fieldhouse. AW-III homecoming. Wouldn't that be something for him to get that playing time in front of the Jayhawkers and for Nebraska to escape with that dub! GBR

Just curious where you are getting this information that it appears we are set to play an away game against KU next year?

It's set just not announced.

Good.  Need to beef up the non-con next year if we want to make a run for an at large bid. 

Good.  Need to beef up the non-con next year if we want to make a run for an at large bid. 

...provided that we have a really productive off-season.

I would think Petteway would have a better stage to improve his NBA stock in the BIG his Senior year.  Unless he totally was not going to buy in to what Miles was selling for his roll this year.  Then that's on him.

Oh, and I do remember Pitchford did get abused on the blocks a lot last year.

I guess a couple of guys that unfortunately didn't buy into the program.  Thus the state of Nebrasketball is what it is now.

I think that is a totally unfair statement about Petteway.  To lump him in with Pitchford as to attitude is absurd.  Terran cared so much more.  If anything too much.  He bought into the program and busted his ass for it.  

You're right, Terran played hard for us, wore his emotions on his sleeve so you knew he cared.  Two players, two different situations.  I guess I meant I wish Pitchford would have "bought in" to working hard on his game and becoming a better player and teammate and Terran would have "bought in" to the 2015-16 season.  I still think Petteway would have been better served to stay for his Senior year.  I hope he makes an NBA roster someday.  I'm rooting for him.

I think some are being too hard on TP. If any of us had the off-court season he had last season, I'm guessing we would've also showed some of the frustrations he showed throughout the year. It's easy to pick on a player who is as emotional as TP, especially one who wears his emotions on his sleeves. Although it can only be speculation, I would've loved to see this team with TP in the lineup. We would've been scary good I believe. Think about the games where we need someone to get us a bucket. And with our 2-2-1 press and his 6'11 wingspan, our transition game would also be spectacular. Also, remember how badly he wanted to get us to a Sweet 16. I truly believe he was all N.