We need a center

PimpMario

We actually had 16 offensive rebounds.  Of course when you miss 45 shots, you have more chances at rebounds, but that is a pretty good number.  We need to realize we don't have a center, and when Shields, Tai, Benny, Glynn, Andrew, whomever drives, we need our big guy to go to the rim when his guy goes to help.

We actually had 16 offensive rebounds.  Of course when you miss 45 shots, you have more chances at rebounds, but that is a pretty good number.  We need to realize we don't have a center, and when Shields, Tai, Benny, Glynn, Andrew, whomever drives, we need our big guy to go to the rim when his guy goes to help.

Yeah, we've been a pretty good rebounding team the entire year on both ends.

If we go to the rim, especially tonight, we ate the ball. 13 blocked shots...Listen, the statement is true, we need a post presence. We can only do so much with our limited size. The last two games (despite great efforts) has been brutal in the paint.

Unless we land a graduate transfer its not looking good for Miles 5th year and having an actual post presence for once. Maybe Hammond develops into that guy but not looking promising at this point. Jacobson looks like he's going to be a good player for us but he's not a true post player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for some reason that I have not heard tonight we decided to play without Morrow.   Hammond came in first and was just awful for 2 minutes in the first half (he did play a little more serviceably in the second half).   So after Hammond gets 2 fouls in about a minute and a half we bring in Morrow.   Shortly thereafter Stone takes the ball on the perimeter and makes a spin move to the hoop to score - pretty good move by a future NBA player I thought - but Miles just frickin exploded on Morrow.  Timeout happened right after and Tim basically spent the entire timeout just screaming at Morrow.  I really felt sorry for the kid - Miles does this once in a while to players but this was as long of a session directed at one players as I have ever seen from him.   DId not take him out then but shortly after the timeout Ed threw the ball away after getting a rebound and got pulled then.  Funny thing is when he made the bad play Miles did not really yell at him at all - but Morrow never returned to the game after that point.

I do think Jacobson is ahead of Morrow at thie point - but we need Ed to play.  He has certainly progressed to where he gives us way more than we get from Hammond.

If we go to the rim, especially tonight, we ate the ball.  13 blocked shots...Listen, the statement is true, we need a post presence.  We can only do so much with our limited size.  The last two games (despite great efforts) has been brutal in the paint.

But it is not like our posts are the ones getting their shots blocked.   Tonight nearly all of the blocks came from Shavon trying to force the ball against bigger guys.  Worked against MSU for him - but Maryland is bigger and longer and these refs were not giving Shavon calls that he has gotten in other games.   We just did not adjust to that - even at the end of the game we kept trying to do the same thing - force the ball to the hoop against much bigger guys when the refs are letting them play.  That is not a recipe for success.   Why not get White a shot (I know he ended up taking the desperation three but that was not really a designed shot at all he just had the ball looking away from the basket when the clock ran out).  Also - why in the world do you not have Watson in the game on offense at the end?

If we go to the rim, especially tonight, we ate the ball.  13 blocked shots...Listen, the statement is true, we need a post presence.  We can only do so much with our limited size.  The last two games (despite great efforts) has been brutal in the paint.

Also - why in the world do you not have Watson in the game on offense at the end?

I know you meant the end of the game, but I was wondering the same thing at the end of the first half.  Dead ball with 30 seconds left to take the last shot on offense.  And yet Glynn Watson stayed on the bench and instead Jacobson remained in the game, turned it over, and then fouled to give them 2 free throws.  Awful.

Also - why in the world do you not have Watson in the game on offense at the end?

I know you meant the end of the game, but I was wondering the same thing at the end of the first half.  Dead ball with 30 seconds left to take the last shot on offense.  And yet Glynn Watson stayed on the bench and instead Jacobson remained in the game, turned it over, and then fouled to give them 2 free throws.  Awful.

I was wondering the same thing at the end of the half also.   No reason I can comprehend you would not put Watson in the game then.  He had 2 fouls but in that situation where you have the ball going for the last shot him picking up a 3rd foul is pretty low risk vs. having his ability to break down the D on the floor.

Watson really struggled tonight and Benny had hit a couple 3s so I didn't have a problem with going with Benny. Had a lot of weird plays in the game where the ball was tipped just right into a Maryland players hand for a dunk! BAD breaks!

He struggled at times, but he scored 10 and was able to get to the rim and not get blocked every time. He is so crafty. If he's healthy, no question he should've been in there. He may have been hurt late after Melo undercut him (wish the refs would've went to the monitor like they do for blows to the head).

We just can't quite rebound. We try so hard but at the end of the day we need a center in this league.

We Need a Center

Where have all the big men gone

And where are all the good posts?

Where's the rebounding Hercules

To clean glass when we need it most?

Isn't there a wide bodied NBA type?

Who can hold down the paint and live up to the hype?

We need a center

We're holding out for a center but there's none in sight

He's gotta be big

And he's gotta be strong

And he's gotta be up to the fight

We need a center

We're holding out for a center but there's none in sight

We've gotta find one

And it's gotta be soon

Or next year we'll continue our plight

If we go to the rim, especially tonight, we ate the ball. 13 blocked shots...Listen, the statement is true, we need a post presence. We can only do so much with our limited size. The last two games (despite great efforts) has been brutal in the paint.

Some make excuses and justifications for why we don't but we need a center; especially in this league.

We just can't quite rebound. We try so hard but at the end of the day we need a center in this league.

We Need a Center

Where have all the big men gone

Where's the rebounding Hercules

To clean glass when we need it most?

We need a center

We're holding out for a center but there's none in sight

He's gotta be big

And he's gotta be strong

And he's gotta be up to the fight

We need a center

We're holding out for a center but there's none in sight

We've gotta find one

And it's gotta be soon

Or next year we'll continue our plight

Please tweet this at Tim miles!

We Need a Center

Where have all the big men gone

Where's the rebounding Hercules

To clean glass when we need it most?

We need a center

We're holding out for a center but there's none in sight

He's gotta be big

And he's gotta be strong

And he's gotta be up to the fight

We need a center

We're holding out for a center but there's none in sight

We've gotta find one

And it's gotta be soon

Or next year we'll continue our plight

After the first line I was thinking The Kinks and not Bonnie Tyler. I was wrong, as usual.