Scouting MInnesota

hhcmatt

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2016/01/11/gophers-basketball-pitino-doesnt-like-murphy-at-sf-gilbert-to-get-more-minutes/

MInny gets a LOT of their points from FTs which is a huge problem for us because we put people on the line.

I suspect that they can still press you but the numbers really don't scream "these guys turn you over"

They're one of the taller teams in the country but really struggle rebounding on both ends.Bakary Konate will get some rebounds because he's large but the guy to put a body on is Jordan Murphy. Once again will be easy offensive rebound opportunities for the Huskers

Someone wondered a while back if there was a worse offensive player than Benny Parker. Dupree McBrayer and his 23.9 eFG% is just "I can't believe it's this bad"

Joey King, in addition to being a good shooter, is hitting over 90% at the FT line. Don't let him touch the ball in a close game.

Give me some more details...I don't have a great feel for Minnesota other than they're just not very good this year

They lost to South Dakota and South Dakota St. in the SAME week. They are garbage, if we lose this one everyone involved should be drawn and quartunod...

We might lose to uno... That is equivalent

Might? How about definitely not. I guarantee it. There is a 100% chance we don't lose to UNO this season.
Norm is spot on in both ways he's talking.

They lost to South Dakota and South Dakota St. in the SAME week. They are garbage, if we lose this one everyone involved should be drawn and quartunod...

We might lose to uno... That is equivalent

Might?  How about definitely not.  I guarantee it.  There is a 100% chance we don't lose to UNO this season.

Hope we don't see them in the nit!

Joey King is basically a not as soft version of Walt P

Ringing endorsement, eh dimes?

That 93% FT clip would be a nice benefit in a tight ballgame down the stretch for Minny....  :o

In other words he's a guy who doesn't play a ton in the paint.

King didn't hardly play until a couple minutes were left and Buggs didn't play at all. The talk in the Twin Cities isn't IF Pitino will get fired but WHEN. An over reaction, sure, but they just lost to NU & NU by 25 and there is no win in sight...

He looked like a coach that knows it is over.

As Sam McKewon pointed out on twitter last night, Minnesota doesn't have a full time athletic director so who exactly is going to fire Pitino? The interim AD? Boy I doubt it.

Pitino has 3 6'7" - 6'8" guys coming in but as we know integrating freshmen post players is tough. It's going to be a rough couple of years up there.