Terran Petteway as a pro

AuroranHusker

Really hope Terran and the Bucks pull it off tonight. If they win tonight they play the Bulls (my NBA team) in the second round.

Would love to watch the Bulls young talent, one of my favorite Nebrasketball players in recent memory, and Thon Maker all in one game.

Thon Maker every time down has it thrown to him he shoots a 3. Well clanks a 3 would be a better statement. If the "fans" think TP is a black hole what is Thon?

According to Mark Cuban, he thinks Thon is a great player for 40 years old.  B)  :blink:  :P  :lol:

It was quite funny... the debate is whether Maker is 19 or (actually) 23.

Thon Maker every time down has it thrown to him he shoots a 3. Well clanks a 3 would be a better statement. If the "fans" think TP is a black hole what is Thon?

According to Mark Cuban, he thinks Thon is a great player for 40 years old. B):blink::P:lol:

It was quite funny... the debate is whether Maker is 19 or (actually) 23.

Thon, Brogdon, Vaughn, they all just chuck crap up. How TP doesn't garner a spot over Brogdon or Vaughn is rediculous. I get Maker has great potential upside, but those other two aren't as good as TP.

I do not understand why TP can't get picked up full time by a team. Makes zero sense to me... He's so much more "ready," both physically and from a skills perspective, than a huge amount of players coming into the league. He's also only got a few more years of his physical prime - so if a team needs to fill a spot with a much more readiness for a discount - why not TP?

He certainly plays hard and works to earn his spot... unlike AWIII who seems to think the world should be handed to him. I really hope the best for TP, because he's put in the time.

I do not understand why TP can't get picked up full time by a team. Makes zero sense to me... He's so much more "ready," both physically and from a skills perspective, than a huge amount of players coming into the league. He's also only got a few more years of his physical prime - so if a team needs to fill a spot with a much more readiness for a discount - why not TP?

I think he will sign with a team for the upcoming season
I agree with both of these statements/questions. He looks as good or better than a lot of the regular roster guys who are playing in the Summer League. And unlike some of the guys who appear to be "getting their own", he isn't forcing much.
I agree with this, but there are several people (especially Milwaukee Bucks fans) who are hating on him and think he's a black hole. I was reading a message board of theirs to see what they think of him and it was non stop hate. I think they are still butt hurt about Petteway and Co taking them down on no sit sunday
He is a black hole, always has been. The NBA is a black hole league. Make him into a second team gunner or something. He can certainly guard, rebound, finish, and run just as well as any of those other guys. TP can plan in the NBA, I have little doubts about it.

The Bucks are my NBA team...and i think TP has played within the system...almost too much...it looks as if he has has been told, that you are to pass to Brogdon, Vaughn and Thon...and you can only shoot on a pass from one of them or if the shot clock is under 6.

I agree with this 100%.

WYOKTNWJOCPOGRZ.20160716034310.jpg

Former Husker standout Terran Petteway closed NBA Vegas Summer League with another solid effort in the Milwaukee Bucks’ 92-89 loss to the Houston Rockets Friday evening.

Petteway totaled 12 points on 5-of-8 shooting, including a pair of 3-pointers, while adding two rebounds and a pair of steals in 26 minutes as Milwaukee finished with a 1-4 record.

Petteway finished the Las Vegas Summer League averaging 11.5 points per game along with 3.3 rebounds, 1.5 steals and 1.0 assists per contests for the Bucks. He totaled double figures in three of Milwaukee’s five games, including a 21-point effort against Memphis earlier in the week.

http://www.huskers.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211070290

The Bucks are my NBA team...and i think TP has played within the system...almost too much...it looks as if he has has been told, that you are to pass to Brogdon, Vaughn and Thon...and you can only shoot on a pass from one of them or if the shot clock is under 6.

I agree with this 100%.
IMHO that's enough to earn a training camp invite. Hope he gets an opportunity.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda surprised I'm the first one to be posting about this here but:

Former Nebrasketball Player Terran Petteway to Europe - Corn Nation

http://www.cornnation.com/2016/8/4/12376798/former-nebrasketball-player-terran-petteway-to-europe

NKU13.0.0.jpg

Playing in Italy.  Tuscany no less.  That's not gonna suck.

Congrats, Terran!  Enjoy every second of your time over there!!!

Great for TP, but as a fan who wants to see him in the NBA, I'm afraid this might mark the end of his NBA dream. There are so many leagues overseas that I believe guys get lost in the shuffle. And I'm guessing he wouldn't be eligible to come back to the NBA this coming season due to his contract. I think he should be on an NBA roster. This probably pays much better than the D-League though.

With NBA camps around the corner, I wonder if he didn't think he'd get invited to one?

Great for TP, but as a fan who wants to see him in the NBA, I'm afraid this might mark the end of his NBA dream. There are so many leagues overseas that I believe guys get lost in the shuffle. And I'm guessing he wouldn't be eligible to come back to the NBA this coming season due to his contract. I think he should be on an NBA roster. This probably pays much better than the D-League though.

With NBA camps around the corner, I wonder if he didn't think he'd get invited to one?

He will get paid at least 4 times more, based on averages, playing in that league than the D-League.  He can always come back next year and theres quite a bit of Americans on his team and the league itself that have their rights owned by NBA teams so there will be plenty of eyes on him because of those other guys.

He will get paid at least 4 times more, based on averages, playing in that league than the D-League. He can always come back next year and theres quite a bit of Americans on his team and the league itself that have their rights owned by NBA teams so there will be plenty of eyes on him because of those other guys.

Glad to hear that part about NBA ties to the team! With all the leagues around the world, I can't keep track of the ones that are better than others for a track back to the US.