Terran Petteway as a pro

AuroranHusker

From the link posted:

Observations

Terran Petteway: Put simply, he’s an NBA player. A scout said once an NBA team needs to replace an injured shooting guard, Petteway should be the first D-Leaguer to get a call.

Looks like not returning to Nebraska this year was the right choice. Especially if he is that first D-Leaguer called up.

Seems like he has improved his ball handling and really playing with a ton of confidence and swagger!

Methinks the time he spent with the Hawks did him good. Worked on his all-around game, learned how to better play off the ball/within the flow of an offense, and improved his efficiency/shot selection. Also, he's taken Eric Strickland's advice and actually plays D, something you typically don't see a lot of in D-League games. We're about a month away from the time that NBA teams can start giving out 10-day contracts.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As a Wolves fan, i just dont know if there is room on the roster for TP.

As of now, the depth chart probably looks like this:

Rubio/Tyus Jones

Zach Lavine/ Andrew Wiggins

Andrew Wiggins/Shabazz Muhammad/ Tayshaun Prince/ Damjan Rudez

Gorgui Dieng/Kevin Garnett/ Nemanja Bjelica/ Greg Smith

Karl Anthony Towns/ Nikola Pekovic/ Adreian Payne

While they are light at the 2-guard i think they add someone in the draft and Wiggins can play the 2 or the 3.

Ideally KG and Pek would retire. I think Prince comes back for one more year.

I think they let Rudez and smith walk and try to trade Shabazz and Adreian Payne.... That would make the wolves look like this:

Rubio/Jones

Lavine/Wiggins

Wiggins/Prince

Dieng/Bjelica

Towns

They have the 5th pick in the draft and are apparently interested in old Chicago players with Thibs being the new coach-- Gasol, Noah, Deng. 

I hope they draft Buddy Heild and add Deng and Noah...

Rubio/Lavine/Jones

Wiggins/Lavine/Heild

Deng/Wiggins/Prince

Dieng/Bjelica

Towns/Noah

I share all this to say, not sure where TP would fit in.. We desperately need guys who can shoot and not sure if TP fits that mold. Need a spot shooter ala Buddy Heild.

Perfect analysis of twolve situation. Petteway not really what they need. They need deadly shooter to help space court for the young scorers. Also think they could flip Rubio for a piece that fits better than he does, even though I like him. Fun up and coming team.

I saw them play PHX earlier this season & I came away with the notion that Minny has a lot of talent throughout their tema, I think the T-Wolves will be the team on the rise very shortly.

Most teams would look like they are on the rise when playing Phoenix:)  But seriously, they are on the rise.  And if they execute properly on rounding out the roster, it could be a poor mans OKC type situation down the road as they all grown.  Lets not forget this club beat the Warriors on the road late in the year as Golden St. was trying to have the best record of all time.  It wasn't like Golden St. was resting people etc.  Lot of talent.  KAT is ridiculously good on offense. 

I saw them play PHX earlier this season & I came away with the notion that Minny has a lot of talent throughout their tema, I think the T-Wolves will be the team on the rise very shortly.

Most teams would look like they are on the rise when playing Phoenix:)  But seriously, they are on the rise.  And if they execute properly on rounding out the roster, it could be a poor mans OKC type situation down the road as they all grown.  Lets not forget this club beat the Warriors on the road late in the year as Golden St. was trying to have the best record of all time.  It wasn't like Golden St. was resting people etc.  Lot of talent.  KAT is ridiculously good on offense. 

PHX actually beat MIN that night, on a buzzer-beater. Surprisingly.