If time permits (will be cutting it close getting to town)

colhusker

where is a good place to enjoy an adult beverage of choice prior to tipoff?

Go to Danny Nee's old hangout -- Barry's at 9th and Q.  I don't know if the deck on the rooftop is still open, but it's a cool place overall.  And the people who took it over did a nice job renovating the place. 

There are a couple of Irish pubs down on P between 7th and 8th. 

Or, if you want a "craft" cocktail made from premium ingredients at a premium price where you keep your voice down or you get shushed and it only holds 25 people, try to find your way to "The Other Room" which is down an alley from the back side of Barry's.  Exquisite cocktails from around $8 to $14.  But maybe not a game day environment.

Go to Danny Nee's old hangout -- Barry's at 9th and Q.  I don't know if the deck on the rooftop is still open, but it's a cool place overall.  And the people who took it over did a nice job renovating the place. 

Or, if you want a "craft" cocktail made from premium ingredients at a premium price where you keep your voice down or you get shushed and it only holds 25 people, try to find your way to "The Other Room" which is down an alley from the back side of Barry's.  Exquisite cocktails from around $8 to $14.  But maybe not a game day environment.

From your description, it seems like the 'Other Room' would be a brothel... 

Well, they do have a red light there.  But, no, she's not selling sex.  It's more like a prohibition-era speakeasy vibe.  All cash business and she doesn't sell beer.  It's cocktails.  Best I've ever had.  But no TVs.  No photos.  And you keep it down in there or they'll shush you.

Well, they do have a red light there.  But, no, she's not selling sex.  It's more like a prohibition-era speakeasy vibe.  All cash business and she doesn't sell beer.  It's cocktails.  Best I've ever had.  But no TVs.  No photos.  And you keep it down in there or they'll shush you.

Good to know, Normy. It just struck me as funny how you described it earlier... ;)

I agree with Longwell's with the giant video screen and a billion beer taps, it's super convenient to the arena too.

Gate 25 is decent, and if you're there about an hour before the game chances are you'll see Matt Davison having a pregame beer or two.

But really, there isn't a bad option.

I agree with Longwell's with the giant video screen and a billion beer taps, it's super convenient to the arena too.

Gate 25 is decent, and if you're there about an hour before the game chances are you'll see Matt Davison having a pregame beer or two.

But really, there isn't a bad option.

Agree with these choices; Gate is my top choice but I also do the bar area of Mellow Mushroom.  

Actually, if the weather holds up tomorrow you can grab one in the Railyard Courtyard (where the big screen is) outside as well. I didn't get parked until 6:30 last Thursday and was able to walk over for a quick beer and still make the opening video.

Sounds good. CH-III and I maybe running in just before tip.

While we're on the topic, what are the local brews in Lincoln these days? Any opinions on which one(s) are the best?

As far as beer brewed in Lincoln, Zipline is the best and everyone else is competing for 2nd.

There are some other great Nebraska brewerys as well like Thunderhead and Nebraska Brewing Co.

Actually, if the weather holds up tomorrow you can grab one in the Railyard Courtyard (where the big screen is) outside as well. I didn't get parked until 6:30 last Thursday and was able to walk over for a quick beer and still make the opening video.

Sounds good. CH-III and I maybe running in just before tip.

I'm bringing a buddy instead of the family so I might do the same

I can't believe you would even ask that question.....

Been a while since I have been bar hopping in Lincoln.  Now in Hampton I would know where to go.

Yes, as I mentioned in a different thread, I had the pleasure of experiencing Conlee's yesterday, and enjoyed a complete tour of the facilities, a couple of Busch Lites, some marvelous appetizers, and conversation with the proprietor.  And, I snagged a jar of salsa.  I recommend it highly the next time you take a trip to Hampton.  

Been a while since I have been bar hopping in Lincoln.  Now in Hampton I would know where to go.

Yes, as I mentioned in a different thread, I had the pleasure of experiencing Conlee's yesterday, and enjoyed a complete tour of the facilities, a couple of Busch Lites, some marvelous appetizers, and conversation with the proprietor.  And, I snagged a jar of salsa.  I recommend it highly the next time you take a trip to Hampton.  

The only downside, of course, is that you have to actually visit Hampton.

Ah, come on, Norm.  I love the small towns of Nebraska, including Hampton.  You sound like someone who grew up in Lincoln or Omaha!   :)

Ah, come on, Norm.  I love the small towns of Nebraska, including Hampton.  You sound like someone who grew up in Lincoln or Omaha!   :)

HEY NOW, NORMY! That area is among the heartland's finest. Hamilton County is the pivot irrigation capital of the World, don't ya know? ;)

HEY NOW, NORMY! That area is among the heartland's finest. Hamilton County is the pivot irrigation capital of the World, don't ya know? ;)

I keeed, I keeed!  :D

No, seriously.  Hampton's a great place.  They have this nice little eatery there, right across the street from some place called Conlee's.

I keed, I keed!  :D