Athlon rates BIG10 coaches...

whoopdeedoo

http://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/ranking-big-ten-basketball-coaches-2015-16

the only one that surprised me a bit is Tom Crean at 7. think one could make an argument for dropping him a spot or two...or three.

This probably has something to do with it:

"NCAA record: 9-8, one Final Four"

Dwyane Wade probably has more to do with roughly half of those wins & the Final Four appearance at Marquette than Crean himself.

He also got Indiana to a #4 seed in 2012 and a #1 seed in 2013.  Hate on the cat all you want but he has gotten results.

The one I'm puzzled about is McCaffery as high up the list as he is.  I'd personally put him behind Crean and Painter.

Who's hating? Half of Crean's accomplishment was in 1 season with Dwyane Wade at the helm. That's a fact, is it not?

Well, yeah, and Cody Zeller for the other half.

But still, I'd be pretty stoked if Nebraska had 3 seasons out of the last decade or so like he's had at Marquete/Indiana.

Oh, no doubt. I wouldn't argue that Crean is 7th. He should be ahead of half of the league, easily.

For the record, I'd take 1 season like that right about now! ;)