What team from the Big 12 would you like Nebrasketball to play?

AuroranHusker

Home-and-home with KU would be great; unfortunately, they'd probably balk at having to play in Lincoln but it would be fun to see KU & NU lace 'em up again as many of those games were classic in the 90's especially...

K-State with Bruce Weber doesn't pull at anyone's heart-strings, but it'd still be a good matchup as a home-and-home for the teams and the fans..

Although no longer in the Big 12, both Colorado and Mizzou would be good as a home-and-home for Nebrasketball fans to be able to attend!

And, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the other Big 12 teams on occasion in an early-season or holiday tourney setting.

From a recruiting perspective, Missouri would probably be the best. 

Major population areas in St. Louis and KC. 

Kansas would probably kick our tails most of the time, so you don't want that.  But getting attention of kids in and around the Show-Me state might pay some dividends.

And the benefit for Missouri in playing us would be ...

a.  One more night per year that they don't have to kiss their cousin (not that there's anything wrong with that ... well, ok, yes there is.);

b.  Excursions north of the Mason-Dixon line are good for your IQ;

c.  Opportunity to maybe see a dentist and have their tooth cleaned;

d.  Hand-deliver fireworks to their best customers;

e.  Chance to stock up on Sudafed-D, Claritin-D and all the other -Ds;

f.  It's right on the way for hitch-hiking to Sturgis, with a 4-month layover at the People's City Mission.

g.  All of the above.

From a recruiting perspective, Missouri would probably be the best. 

Major population areas in St. Louis and KC. 

Kansas would probably kick our tails most of the time, so you don't want that.  But getting attention of kids in and around the Show-Me state might pay some dividends.

And the benefit for Missouri in playing us would be ...

a.  One more night per year that they don't have to kiss their cousin (not that there's anything wrong with that ... well, ok, yes there is.);

b.  Excursions north of the Mason-Dixon line are good for your IQ;

c.  Opportunity to maybe see a dentist and have their tooth cleaned;

d.  Hand-deliver fireworks to their best customers;

e.  Chance to stock up on Sudafed-D, Claritin-D and all the other -Ds;

f.  It's right on the way for hitch-hiking to Sturgis, with a 4-month layover at the People's City Mission.

g.  All of the above.

As someone stuck living in Misery I really would like to find flaw in your post.  However the only flaw is you left out

Coming here gives one the chance to pick a new pet from one of the many puppy mills

For those who partake in adult materials Misery has an almost endless supply of places between KC and Columbia

How could it be any team but the Jayhawks? Helps us in every way whether we win or lose. Great experience for the fans to see them play in the Pinnacle and the chance for an upset would loom. I think KU might agree to it especially if we sweeten the pot with home and home football games. And why should folks fear a mismatch? After all, we still continue to play Creighton. ................I kid, I kid-Keep those fingers away from the red button!!

There wouldn't be a bad choice really, especially if you narrowed it down to just former Big 8 schools:

Colorado - I really dislike their fans and just how arrogant they've become about their hoops program in recent years claiming some sort of elite status due primarily to a fluke run through their inaugural Pac 12 tournament (they won 4 games as like a 10 seed, still refer to themselves as "Pac 12 Champions" for that year) and a miracle buzzer beater against KU a year or two later.

Iowa State - Proximity and great fans (they, along with Minnesota and Nebraska form a great triangle of hate that all know the correct answer to "Who hates Iowa?")

Kansas - Because like jimmy says it's great exposure and there have been just so many great games (and more than a handful of really awful ones) in that series' history

Kansas State - Proximity again and we would have another opportunity to give Bruce Webber another beatdown of epic proportions

Mizzou - "SIT DOWN NORM!"  Plus, I would love to (selfishly) see them play at Sprint Center because it's literally 5 blocks away from my apartment, and even though it's a bit of a hike for the majority of Husker fans, we'd still outnumber their fan there (SEC has done a real number on them, hoops-wise)

Oklahoma - Do I really need to say anything other than, "It's freakin' Oklahoma, come on!"?

Oklahoma State - Well, it's not quite the same now without Byron Houston or Bryant Reeves, and we never got "The Marcus Smart experience" but still.

--------------------

And if you want to do the rest of the Big XII, former and current:

Baylor - two words.  San Antonio  curse.gif

TCU - Well, there isn't much appeal here honestly, but I still remember driving down to Fort Worth to watch us play against the Billy Tubbs' led Horned Frogs in the NIT, in like 99?

Texas - see Oklahoma

Texas A&M - Like TCU, not a whole lot of appeal in this one either

Texas Tech - Same as TCU and A&M

West f'n Virginia - Would be fun to see Huggs roaming the sideline at PBA, otherwise, not a lot of appeal

Here's an idea...

How about an exempt holiday tournament at Sprint Center featuring just former Big 8 schools?  Like, one more for old times' sake?

Can you imagine a pre-determined-match-up holiday tourney from the immediate region: Nebraska, KU, K-St, & Mizzou? Probably wouldn't hurt much to leave out the Buffs, Pokes & Sooners from the ol' Big 8 days (I have a feeling that leaving out ISU might be another story; Clone fans'  exodus to K.C. is a tourney tradition...). Perhaps UMKC & ISU could be included to balance out the conference participation so that current Big 12 members would face non-conf opponents, and, as such, the Kangaroos of Missouri-Kansas City act as gracious hosts in downtown K.C. ;)

Put together a Saturday around Christmastime triple-header of KU v UMKC at 3 pm, NU v ISU as the 5:45 pm show with KSU v Mizzou at 8:30 pm in the nightcap; Then finish up Sunday with ISU v UMKC at 1 pm, KSU v NU at 3:45 pm and end the NEIAMOKS Tournament with the locally anticipated Mizzou v KU at 6:30 pm in front of a sold-out Sprint Center. It would be an epic event. Wish it would happen sooner than later. Other match-ups might work out well (depending on who you root for, likely), this was just my thought or impression of what could be compelling for Big 8 fans if all teams are somewhat competitive to one another.

Mizzou - "SIT DOWN NORM!"  Plus, I would love to (selfishly) see them play at Sprint Center because it's literally 5 blocks away from my apartment, and even though it's a bit of a hike for the majority of Husker fans, we'd still outnumber their fan there (SEC has done a real number on them, hoops-wise)

Saw Norm last Friday at a Big Brothers Big Sisters event.  As much fun as it was to yell "Sit down Norm" the man had a aura about him.  Watching him the other night that is sadly gone, looks like an old man now.

Saw Norm last Friday at a Big Brothers Big Sisters event.  As much fun as it was to yell "Sit down Norm" the man had a aura about him.  Watching him the other night that is sadly gone, looks like an old man now.

Respected that old man, Sit down Norm. Wish him well. Nowadays, I only think of Quinn Snyder when I think of MIzzou. ((cough)) ((chortle)) ((cough))

Respected that old man, Sit down Norm. Wish him well. Nowadays, I only think of Quinn Snyder when I think of MIzzou. ((cough)) ((chortle)) ((cough))

Hard not to respect him.  Still very active in the community and has spent a bundle a money and helped raise more for a new cancer center at one of the hospitals in town.

I'd love to see a matchup with some former Big 8 schools and maybe Texas for recruiting. I'd move Kansas to, at best, the middle of that pack though. I've heard more than my fair share of Rock Chalk in the Bob. I'd be ok if I never heard it at PBA. It makes my skin crawl and not in a good way.

But I've made the roadtrip to Lawrence for a Nebrasketball game. It's a fun town. I'd be ok with that.

I'd love to see a matchup with some former Big 8 schools and maybe Texas for recruiting. I'd move Kansas to, at best, the middle of that pack though. I've heard more than my fair share of Rock Chalk in the Bob. I'd be ok if I never heard it at PBA. It makes my skin crawl and not in a good way.

But I've made the roadtrip to Lawrence for a Nebrasketball game. It's a fun town. I'd be ok with that.

Yep hate that song in our place.  Might be able to keep a few out, but they are like our football follows and will pay just about anything.

I'd have to say KU...It was one of the few Big 8/12 games that I looked forward to every year with respect towards the other team and their fans.  I also have a fond memory of the one year my grandmother going to the NU/KU game with our family.  She was a true blue KU fan. She was even burried with her KU Sweatshirt.  She had never been to a KU game prior to that one experience.  The program from that particular game is even still sitting on the table at the family farm house many years later.

I'd have to say KU...It was one of the few Big 8/12 games that I looked forward to every year with respect towards the other team and their fans.  I also a fond memory of my one year my grandmother going to the NU/KU game with out family.  She was a true blue KU fan. She was even burried with her KU Sweatshirt.  She had never been to a KU game prior to that one experience.  The program from that particular game is even still sitting on the table at the family farm house many years later.

Great story, I appreciate tales like yours.  KU & NU had a good thing going for 100+ years in football, hoops, etc. Too bad that got left behind with conference re-alignment...

I'd have to say KU...It was one of the few Big 8/12 games that I looked forward to every year with respect towards the other team and their fans.  I also a fond memory of my one year my grandmother going to the NU/KU game with out family.  She was a true blue KU fan. She was even burried with her KU Sweatshirt.  She had never been to a KU game prior to that one experience.  The program from that particular game is even still sitting on the table at the family farm house many years later.

Great story, I appreciate tales like yours.  KU & NU had a good thing going for 100+ years in football, hoops, etc. Too bad that got left behind with conference re-alignment...

lol..thanks for not pointing out the wording errors (that I have now gone back and corrected).  I recently got a new computer and it seems to have a mind of it's own when it comes to adding and subtracting and changing words.