Countdown to College Hoops

• 2 weeks later...

From Robin:

"Freshman Jeriah Horne . . . spent most of the day working with the guards . . . he does have a nice perimeter shot and is deceptively explosive driving to the basket."

I know in the past we've had power forwards who had to play out of position and cover the center role, but this is a first.  Maybe says something about our guard situation.

Why are we suprised Horne is getting reps in on the perimeter? He's gonna get time at the 3 quite a bit, I think. He was known as having a good outside shot coming out of high school.

Also, have we hears anything on who the next LJS beat writer is gonna be? Pretty sure Sip's not gonna do it. We need to figure out who's gonna be confirming everything for us from now on.

From Robin:

"Freshman Jeriah Horne . . . spent most of the day working with the guards . . . he does have a nice perimeter shot and is deceptively explosive driving to the basket."

I know in the past we've had power forwards who had to play out of position and cover the center role, but this is a first. Maybe says something about our guard situation.

Or maybe Horne is just really good and they are trying to find as many ways as possible to get him on the floor. Won't be much 4 and 5 minutes left if Morrow/Jacobson/Tshimanga all stay healthy.

I have thought it since he signed, he really reminds me of Shields. Think he scored inside because he could in high school like Shavon. Hopefully his jumper is a little more consistent because I doubt he can penetrate as effectively as SS could. He had a nice looking deep three in the highlights I saw yesterday.

I will take my licks for this bc I in no way saw him getting any time at the 3.

• 3 weeks later...