Under Armour?

Well, you have to make a pretty large assumption; but if the money were the same it would be a step up in the world.

I am thinking: $ is pretty large in the university's equation.

If it is just from the recruit's perspective, I would guess it would be much more attractive.

(But hell, I am an old dinosaur. What do I know about kids these days, other than what I get from my grandkids?)

What are your thoughts Kearney, you are soliciting opinions so it would be appropriate to know yours...

That said, it appears Under Armour is starting to make a mark in the college game.  If I am not mistaken, Notre Dame just jumped on their bandwagon.  I have always said that I could care less who we went with, but I do care about the quality of their product line, if any of their products (ie shoes) are deficient, then no amount of money is worth it.  I care about what the kids think of the product, they are the ones wearing the product.  They need to be happy.  And finally, the $$$$$$$$ are important.  Schools are in a position that this income is very important to the bottom line.

It appears the list of Under Armour clients is growing:

Maryland: $1,900,000 (allowance) $1,475,000 (cash) = $3,375,000
Utah: $1,816,000 (allowance) $550,000 (cash) = $2,366,000
Texas Tech: $1,450,000 (allowance) $700,000 (cash) = $2,150,000
South Carolina: $2,050,000 (allowance) $1,050,000 (cash) = $3,100,000
Auburn: $2,500,00 (allowance) $1,750,000 (cash) = $4,250,000
South Florida: $1,025,000 (allowance) $550,000 (cash) = $1,575,000

I am thinking: $ is pretty large in the university's equation.

Ding ding ding!!!!!!

And think about it from Adidas' perspective. If you were losing collegiate clients left and right and that's a major focus for your U.S. division, wouldn't you do just about anything you can to keep them? Nebraska doesn't turn down contracts with more money (see the most recent: Pepsi vs. Coke contract deal for UNL).

under armour is up and coming. Adidas is dying. Nike is still the king though.

Up and coming???? (sorry for the dramatics).

U.S. Market Share for footwear and apparel in the last 12 months:

1. Nike ($11.8B; Jordan brand alone: $2.5B)

2. Under Armour ($2.6B)

3. Adidas ($1.6B)

Yes, Nebraska's official athletic wear partner is the third best in the nation. I think recruits notice and are influenced by these things.

Liverpool FC's apparel contract with Warrior (who provides gear primarily for Lacrosse and Hockey) earns them £25 million per year.  That equates to approximately $40 million US.  Annually.

It did, at least until last winter when Warrior's parent company, New Balance, assumed control of the contract and it is estimated that Liverpool could now earn as much as £50 million per year going forward on the remaining 6 years of the contract.  That's $80 million per year to you and me.

Now, I'm not here to try to tell you that Nebraska should be trying to get an $80 million per year apparel contract, not at all.

What I am trying to say here is there are other players out there in the athletic apparel market than just Nike, UA and Adidas.  Maybe Nebraska should try to innovate and seek out a new partner?

Not a fan of UA shoes either. I haven't heard good things about them from many people who have worn them for basketball. UA still seems like a FB brand to me!

Steph curry just got his first signature shoe with UA this year and they are sold out everywhere

under armour is up and coming. Adidas is dying. Nike is still the king though.

Up and coming???? (sorry for the dramatics).

U.S. Market Share for footwear and apparel in the last 12 months:

1. Nike ($11.8B; Jordan brand alone: $2.5B)

2. Under Armour ($2.6B)

3. Adidas ($1.6B)

Yes, Nebraska's official athletic wear partner is the third best in the nation. I think recruits notice and are influenced by these things.

i would still consider under armour as up and coming. they are relatively new compared to nike and adidas.

under armour is heading in the right direction, but still have a ways to go before they are even close to nike's level.

having steph curry and jordan spieth is a nice start for UA.

If we went with Under Armour for uniforms the sell out streak would be over because we couldn't make up with people to buy the tickets of all the blue hairs that would die if we came out in some of the uniforms that UA teams wear. Some dawn near have a fit when we have worn the special ones for one game. Think what would happen if we came out in some thing like Maryland does.:)

• 2 months later...