A Few Tai Webster Highlights

Hooper

There's also one highlight in this Olympics qualifier match video against Macedonia where he dribbles and drives to the basket. There really isn't much out there to see on Tai Webster. The interview video below shows a few plays from the Angola game and a 3-on-3 tournament. That's pretty much the sum total of Tai Webster highlights out there as far as I've been able to find.

I love the Haka at the beginning of this video. A Haka is the traditional war dance of the New Zealand Maori tribe meant to strike fear in the hearts of their enemy. Its' most famous renditions are the Hakas performed by the New Zealand national rugby team prior to games. Tai and his teammates look particularly fearsome when they stick out their tongues and bulge their eyes, don't you think? Hahaha.

I feel as though our basketball team should do the Haka before the games when Tai arrives... hey every little bit helps.  Maybe it could becomeone something where the whole Arena would do it... now wouldnt that be a scary place to play in!

Hahaha. What a great idea! When done properly, it is a pretty inimidating opening to any event! A couple years ago the New Zealand national rugby team performed a Haka for the Australian national rugby team prior to the match. At the end of the Haka the New Zealand team drew their fingers across their throats indicating slitting the throats of the Aussies. The Aussies walked of the field and refused to play the match for 30 minutes or so. We should try that with Ohio State!!!

I feel as though our basketball team should do the Haka before the games when Tai arrives... hey every little bit helps.  Maybe it could becomeone something where the whole Arena would do it... now wouldnt that be a scary place to play in!

Hahaha. What a great idea! When done properly, it is a pretty inimidating opening to any event! A couple years ago the New Zealand national rugby team performed a Haka for the Australian national rugby team prior to the match. At the end of the Haka the New Zealand team drew their fingers across their throats indicating slitting the throats of the Aussies. The Aussies walked of the field and refused to play the match for 30 minutes or so. We should try that with Ohio State!!!

Bill Callahan, is that you?  ;)

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1103671/events/1586711

Here's the final of the New Zealand High School Tournament (its the top video)

he definitely didnt impress me in the first half as I got tired of watching.  He does bring the ball up the court well but he played a horrible defense and still missed the majority of the close range shots he took.  Obviously its just half of one game but I feel like the legend of Tai may be bigger than his play at this point with the limited stuff we've been able to see.

That game was like watching a couple mid level metro teams play.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1103671/events/1586711

Here's the final of the New Zealand High School Tournament (its the top video)

Great find! Watched the whole thing. It's a mix of good and bad, really. Overall, he's obviously a very explosive athlete. His shooting was a bit spotty at times. Free throw shooting was mediocre at best and will have to improve by leaps and bounds.

Tai got sloppy with the ball on quite a few occasions, which led to some turnovers. He'll have to clean that stuff up. He's pretty impressive in transition and very fast up and down the court. He'll need to learn to finish better around the rim from what I saw in this game, and his defense was pretty lazy and inconsistent at times.

Tai's game seemed to rise up to the level of the competition in international play. Hopefully that will be the case at Nebraska as well.

Overall, he's a great 1 or 2 prospect for the future, but he'll need some polishing for sure. There were certainly a lot of highlights in the game, but a lowlights tape could have been made as well.

I love the Haka at the beginning of this video. A Haka is the traditional war dance of the New Zealand Maori tribe meant to strike fear in the hearts of their enemy. Its' most famous renditions are the Hakas performed by the New Zealand national rugby team prior to games. Tai and his teammates look particularly fearsome when they stick out their tongues and bulge their eyes, don't you think? Hahaha.

Reminds me of the pre-game from the Chardee MacDennis: Game of Games episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadephia. I'd post the video but there are a couple swear words. I don't want to offend. Youtube it, it's there...love that show