Chicagoland recruiting

Huskerpapa

This looks like a good article that speaks to our recent success in recruiting the Chicago area.  I thought I would share it.

http://suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2016/09/15/henricksen-nebraskas-continued-recruiting-success-illinois-design/

Nice to see the much maligned Molinari get some props here. Most of the Nebraska press has been about his x's and o's expertise as a defensive guru when perhaps Miles considered the hire to be a recruiting coup for Illinois kids.

I am guilty of some of that for sure.  Schematically, I remain disappointed in what he has brought to the table, but great to see he is a much better recruiter than I thought he would be.  I didn't know he had that in him.  I still think he has it in him to coach the defense better than he has so far. 

Nice to see the much maligned Molinari get some props here. Most of the Nebraska press has been about his x's and o's expertise as a defensive guru when perhaps Miles considered the hire to be a recruiting coup for Illinois kids.

I am guilty of some of that for sure. Schematically, I remain disappointed in what he has brought to the table, but great to see he is a much better recruiter than I thought he would be. I didn't know he had that in him. I still think he has it in him to coach the defense better than he has so far.

I think this year, the Jimmys n Joes are goin to match up with the X and Os he and Miles have in mind

I am guilty of some of that for sure. Schematically, I remain disappointed in what he has brought to the table, but great to see he is a much better recruiter than I thought he would be. I didn't know he had that in him. I still think he has it in him to coach the defense better than he has so far.

I think this year, the Jimmys n Joes are goin to match up with the X and Os he and Miles have in mind

As much as I loved Shields, and losing a scorer like White...  I think this "team"  is going to step it up and prove to be overall better.  I think this year is going to be a big change of pace  and we are going to see a lot more team oriented ball.

This looks like a good article that speaks to our recent success in recruiting the Chicago area.  I thought I would share it.

http://suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2016/09/15/henricksen-nebraskas-continued-recruiting-success-illinois-design/

Chicago is a good place to get a recruiting foothold.  They always seem to have an abundance of talent and, for whatever reason, Illini have never seemed to be able to close down the borders of the state, let alone the city of Chicago.  Good to keep that ball rolling.