Walk ons

khoock

Based on you know a couple of guys who will be walking on or based on the need for bodies?

Just seems like we have typically had 3 to 4 walkons a season during Miles tenure and currently only have one. So I'm assuming we would add some more but I have no information on it. Was hoping someone on here might have an idea or some inside knowledge on it.

From prior years, it seems that they're not typically named until after classes have started. The so-called 'smart' walk-on is more favorable since they are on academic scholarship.

What do you mean by this? A walk on who has an academic scholarship is an advantage over a regular dumb walk on? How so?

From prior years, it seems that they're not typically named until after classes have started. The so-called 'smart' walk-on is more favorable since they are on academic scholarship.

I'm fairly certain that walk ons are not on academic scholarships. A walk on could carry an academic scholarship and participate in practices, but the moment he/she stepped on the court/field they would lose it.

What do you mean by this? A walk on who has an academic scholarship is an advantage over a regular dumb walk on? How so?

The obvious advantage is the use of a non-athletic scholarship for a "unrecruited" walk-on. There are recruiting rules in places for this circumstance, that's why the players aren't named until after school is in session.

The obvious advantage is the use of a non-athletic scholarship for a "unrecruited" walk-on. There are recruiting rules in places for this circumstance, that's why the players aren't named until after school is in session.

I understand the advantage that could be gained there and the rules in place to stop these occurrences. What I didn't understand was what advantage was gained by having an academic scholarship walk on versus a regular walk on. They are both walk ons so eat up no athletic scholarships.

I understand the advantage that could be gained there and the rules in place to stop these occurrences. What I didn't understand was what advantage was gained by having an academic scholarship walk on versus a regular walk on. They are both walk ons so eat up no athletic scholarships.

Because walk ons who aren't going to play meaningful minutes for you and don't get good grades drag down your APR.

Walk-ons affect the APR?

I thought it was only scholly players. Huh.

I don't believe walk-ons affect APR. But I could be wrong.

What you can do, however, is give walk-ons with great grades and graduating soon a scholarship after the year starts and that would affect your APR.

Did I use the right affect?

Walk-ons affect the APR?

What you can do, however, is give walk-ons with great grades and graduating soon a scholarship after the year starts and that would affect your APR.

Yes, that's certainly the case. Trevor Menke.

Smart practice players make good teammates, as well. Trevor Menke, Kye Kurkowski.

Walk-ons affect the APR?

That you did.

Walk-ons affect the APR?

That you did.

I fail to see a semicolon, however.

Walk-ons affect the APR?

That you did.

I fail to see a semicolon, however.

Baby steps.

I have noticed some solid semicolon usage lately, though.

Walk-ons affect the APR?

You're right, my mistake. But you definitely don't want walk ons not pulling their weight on the academic side.

Walk-ons affect the APR?

That you did.
All I really cared about tbh