2016 G Evan Taylor signed with NU

GATA

Good to have this young man on board! Considering how late all of this with White occurred, seems like a pretty good pick up at a guard spot where we need some depth.

Some notable games from his frosh year at Samford (2014-15)

--2 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast, 1 tnovr, and 4 steals in a loss to Purdue (21 min) (season opener)

--0 pts, 3 reb, 1 ast, 3 tnovr, and 1 steal in a loss to Pitt (27 min)

--8 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 2 tnovr, and 1 steal in a loss to Wake F (18 min)

--13 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast, 0 tnovr, and 1 steal in a loss to UNCG in final game of season (conf tourney) (32 min)

From his Samford bio page:

Pass-first point guard with excellent size and length . . . boasts good command of the ball, excellent passing ability and court vision . . . his size allows him to see and deliver the ball over smaller defenders . . . he pushes, advances and moves the ball with good pace, which should make him a valuable cog in Samford’s energetic up-tempo offense . . . versatile . . . could play as many as four different positions . . . great on-ball defender . . . takes pride in shutting people down.

High School:  Chose to attend Samford over interest from West Virginia, South Carolina, Wake Forest and George Washington among a number of additional suitors . . . attended Paul VI High School where he finished his senior season as the top-rated point guard in Virginia and as the seventh-best player in the state according to ESPN . . . three-star rated player by VerbalCommits.com . . . led Paul VI HS to its second WCAC title in three years by leading the Panthers to a demonstrative 56-37 victory over DeMatha High School in the championship game . . . the lone senior on his prep squad, he scored 12 points and served as the team’s spark during their key second-quarter run . . . his leadership qualities quickly helped him emerge as a starter at Paul VI, which was highly-regarded as one of the best teams in the nation boasting a stellar 31-6 overall record . . . finished his senior season averaging 8.5 points per game, while the Panthers won the WCAC championship, the VISAA D1 State championship, and the ACIT championship and was nationally ranked at the end of the year.

Personal:  Born April 11, 1996 . . . parents are Kyle Taylor and Linda Jones . . . father played basketball at Xavier University . . . undeclared major.

http://www.samfordsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4435

Game by game at Samford also at that link:

• Looks like he played more and more as the season progressed; had 4 30+ minute games in Samford's final 9 games with none prior to that
  • Had 6 double-figure scoring games in final 14 at Samford

Evan%20Taylor.jpg?width=182&height=250&s

Position: Guard

Height: 6'-4"

Weight: 205#

Originally signed with Samford:

http://samfordsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4435

Played at Odessa College last year:

http://www.wranglersports.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/bios/taylor_evan_f24i

35% from the field...18% from deep. Not good. Solid assist/turnover ratio. Hopefully a stout defender that can take over Benny's role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evan%20Taylor.jpg?width=182&height=250&s

Position: Guard

Height: 6'-4"

Weight: 205#

Originally signed with Samford:

http://samfordsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4435

Played at Odessa College last year:

http://www.wranglersports.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/bios/taylor_evan_f24i

35% from the field...18% from deep. Not good. Solid assist/turnover ratio. Hopefully a stout defender that can take over Benny's role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed that he had some 0-6 games to further deflate his 3FG% at Odessa. On a positive note offensively, he was a double figure scorer in 11 games at JUCO even though he had quite a few games where stats seem somewhat spotty (as far as minutes played, anyway); Evan Taylor was 34% on three's at Samford while averaging 22 1/2 minutes per game.

My bad. I posted a bunch of stuff in the recruiting forum on Taylor. Please merge if possible..

I was validating the info, and he's good to go for NU. And I figured that since Evan Taylor has signed so this thread seemed to belong on the main board. GBR

I think since he signed the thread belonged here in the first place, so that's on me. No biggie.

My bad. I posted a bunch of stuff in the recruiting forum on Taylor. Please merge if possible..

I was validating the info, and he's good to go for NU. And I figured that since Evan Taylor has signed so this thread seemed to belong on the main board. GBR

I think since he signed the thread belonged here in the first place, so that's on me. No biggie.

It's all good. Great to know that Nebraska has 4 guards in the mix. Tai, Glynn, Anton, & Evan. GBR

I'm assuming he left Samford in hopes of maybe finding a higher level school and then maybe his season in juco didn't give him the exposure he hoped for?  Maybe? 

Hopefully he can play some point.  That's where we need some depth.

Not trying to knock the newest Husker, but this (uncertainty as to how good he is or isn't) is what happens when Andrew White bolts on you a month after the end of the spring signing period.