Husker Power

I never understood why some ppl on here said MJ wasn't a great athlete. You have to be pretty darn athletic to be a P5 D1 recruit in two different sports. And now it turns out that he is the best athlete on the entire team (w/ regards to weight and height)

Two years running now, isn't it, Khoock?

MJ is the best athlete on the team

I never understood why some ppl on here said MJ wasn't a great athlete. You have to be pretty darn athletic to be a P5 D1 recruit in two different sports. And now it turns out that he is the best athlete on the entire team (w/ regards to weight and height)

Not sure about last year, but I for sure remember ppl questioning his ability to play the 4 last year if we ever got a true center. Which I never understood. If you're good enough to play Big 12 football and Big Ten basketball, you're a good athlete. Glad he's on the good guys team.

MJ is the best athlete on the team

Not sure about last year, but I for sure remember ppl questioning his ability to play the 4 last year if we ever got a true center. Which I never understood. If you're good enough to play Big 12 football and Big Ten basketball, you're a good athlete. Glad he's on the good guys team.

I understand what you're saying, but there isn't a true correlation between being recruited to play Big 12 football and having the ability to play power forward in the B1G.

Either way, I'm looking forward to watching the kid play this year.  I'm expecting big things.

Would love to pick up a PF/C practice body. Really wish Borchardt would've stayed. I thought he and Trueblood were very high quality walk ons.

Speaking of Johnny Trueblood, does anybody know what happened to him? Seemed like he was up in the air between focusing on just academics at UNL or transferring to a smaller division school to maybe get some decent playing time.

Would love to pick up a PF/C practice body. Really wish Borchardt would've stayed. I thought he and Trueblood were very high quality walk ons.

Speaking of Johnny Trueblood, does anybody know what happened to him? Seemed like he was up in the air between focusing on just academics at UNL or transferring to a smaller division school to maybe get some decent playing time.

Trueblood transfered, but I can't find anything about where he ended up.

I think Johnny is still a student at UNL.

Could be. The release by the program said he was going to transfer, which is what I was going off.

Could be. The release by the program said he was going to transfer, which is what I was going off.

...freshman walk-ons Tanner Borchardt and Johnny Trueblood will not return to the team in 2016-17. Borchardt, who joined the team in October in an open tryout will remain at Nebraska and concentrate on school, while Trueblood has not decided if he will remain at Nebraska to continue his studies or transfer after the semester.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210845492

I was working security for the game, sitting directly behind the twolves bench, that was pretty cool. Got a change to meet Jordy, i'm 6'5 300+ and he made me feel really small, gonna like that guy. After the game got a chance to chat with Bud Crawford, one of the nicest guys ive ever met, you'd never know that he is the world champ, so down to earth.