Andrew White Transfering

Gotta' love team-player guys like this who get in tight with the new team as quickly as they can to make sure transitions and integration go smoothly toward the coming season so everyone can hit the ground running . . .  

Oh, wait . . .

So, what are odds White ends up getting a paycheck to play over seas this coming season?

He's not playing overseas this season. Him not committing to a college isn't because he can't find one; it's because this is how he operates.

Gotta' love team-player guys like this who get in tight with the new team as quickly as they can to make sure transitions and integration go smoothly toward the coming season so everyone can hit the ground running . . .

Oh, wait . . .

So, what are odds White ends up getting a paycheck to play over seas this coming season?

He's not playing overseas this season. Him not committing to a college isn't because he can't find one; it's because this is how he operates.

This.

The kid was an all conference caliber performer and upper tier shooter that will only tie up a scholarship for one year. I suspect almost every school with an open scholarship would love to have him for that lone year.

So we will know by August 31 at 11:59:59!

It will be in the waning moments after Team USA gets Gold in Rio when AW-III will call Jim Boeheim while he is receiving his own gold medal. Boeheim will hold up 3 digits to signify the commitment of #3 to the Orange. I'm sure it is all scripted out.... -_-

That's alright. I'm pretty sure he's going to transfer again after this stint at Syracuse... this time to another country.

So we will know by August 31 at 11:59:59!
Never Mind

Why never mind? Mine was just a smart ass remark. So what was the problem with it?

Nothing to do with your remark at all!  I had not heard about Rosenthal leaving LJS.  Read the wrong thread first is all.  Sorry it it came across differently.  I couldn't figure out how to delete the post asking about Rosenthal so....  My fault.  Just not a adept at things as most on here.

The outgoing White has 25 career assists and 72 career turnovers in 1248 total minutes played.

Yes, that is about 1 assist for every 50 minutes of game action.

The other White has 52 assists and 35 turnovers in 674 minutes played.

It was painful at times watching him try to dribble and run up the court.

I know AWIII is taking his time; however, I forgot one thing that will probably impact his choice of schools.  In terms of being a graduate transfer, NCAA rules require the transfer student to enroll in a graduate degree program.  That is not as easy as enrolling as an undergraduate.  Many schools still require the enrollees to meet the basic entrance requirements (which may include taking the GMAT or GRE and have taken the appropriate undergraduate courses).  AWIII's degree was in sociology which may limit available programs.  Further, graduate level programs have limited seats, and AWIII, supposedly, did not make the decision to leave until late June (potentially affecting his ability to apply for certain programs).  

Some schools, like Wisconsin, have gotten around some of these issues by offering a masters in administration which focuses on athletic departments (Russell Wilson was enrolled in this program).  I know Syracuse has taken graduate transfers in the past (but I do not remember their degrees).  It is possible AWIII was not aware of these issues when he suddenly left the school. 

The outgoing White has 25 career assists and 72 career turnovers in 1248 total minutes played.

Yes, that is about 1 assist for every 50 minutes of game action.

The other White has 52 assists and 35 turnovers in 674 minutes played.

It was painful at times watching him try to dribble and run up the court.

tumblr_mblnjt8zLR1rgrfiko3_250.gif

I know AWIII is taking his time; however, I forgot one thing that will probably impact his choice of schools.  In terms of being a graduate transfer, NCAA rules require the transfer student to enroll in a graduate degree program.  That is not as easy as enrolling as an undergraduate.  Many schools still require the enrollees to meet the basic entrance requirements (which may include taking the GMAT or GRE and have taken the appropriate undergraduate courses).  AWIII's degree was in sociology which may limit available programs.  Further, graduate level programs have limited seats, and AWIII, supposedly, did not make the decision to leave until late June (potentially affecting his ability to apply for certain programs).  

Some schools, like Wisconsin, have gotten around some of these issues by offering a masters in administration which focuses on athletic departments (Russell Wilson was enrolled in this program).  I know Syracuse has taken graduate transfers in the past (but I do not remember their degrees).  It is possible AWIII was not aware of these issues when he suddenly left the school. 

Has anyone noticed how many athletes at UNL are Sociology majors?  This goes back years and years, at least for football and basketball.  Is there reason for this?

Has anyone noticed how many athletes at UNL are Sociology majors?  This goes back years and years, at least for football and basketball.  Is there reason for this?

Duke basketball players have a propensity for that field of study as well.