So, next year's starting lineup.

I think White absolutely is an NBA type shooter as a catch-and-shoot guy, but he doesn't have the athleticism, handles or passing ability of a 2-guard. I think he might end up more of a 3 due to his physicality and lack of play making skills.

If I were him, I'd put all my focus into defense and dribble-driving as areas of improvement. Right now he's one-dimensional. If he steps up his D, he could be drafted as a 3-and-D guy with potential for more if his handles and passing tighten up.

Andrew needs to look at Danny Green's career arc

I think White absolutely is an NBA type shooter as a catch-and-shoot guy, but he doesn't have the athleticism, handles or passing ability of a 2-guard. I think he might end up more of a 3 due to his physicality and lack of play making skills.

If I were him, I'd put all my focus into defense and dribble-driving as areas of improvement. Right now he's one-dimensional. If he steps up his D, he could be drafted as a 3-and-D guy with potential for more if his handles and passing tighten up.

Exactly. And Green needs to work on his handles too. Bad things happen when he dribbles. Good comp, though.

Exactly. And Green needs to work on his handles too. Bad things happen when he dribbles. Good comp, though.

I suppose it all depends on what scouts told him and what he took from that... but I agree that him dribbling as a primary ball handler is not what is best for our season,just magnify is importance as a shooter and become that rebounding defensive ace, let Watson, Gill, Webster,maybe Roby handle those playmaking duties

Ā 

Ā 

I'm projecting Glynn Watson with monster assist numbers.

"Watson to White" be like "Stockton to Malone"

I think I'll put Glynn Watson in my starting lineup at point guard.

We have a very good problem at the guard spots. Webster, white, Watson, and Gill are all more than capable. We should have a terrifying foursome

Ā 

Call it the trap door defense: Put those 4 on the floor, add whichever other player 6' 8" or taller you want and run and press. Wouldn't do it all the time but there will be moments when you could smother teams with it in short spurts.

Ā 

This is the lineup that is our best IMO.Ā  White at the 4.Ā  You are correct though, it won't be something we can do often, but we sure could close out games with it, especially if trailing and need to go a little smaller.Ā 

We are obviously going to be deeper and more talented than we have been in recent memory.Ā  It is going to be critical for our staff to have a good method behind the subbing.Ā  Our best guys still need to play quite a bit.Ā  And we have a lot of guys that can develop the hot hand on a given night.Ā  We need to ride that hot hand each night, not take him out just to take him out.Ā  I can recall a time or two where they really mangled it this year.Ā  If a guy is rolling, let him continue to roll.Ā 

I believe Watson and White will will be starters for sure. After that it will be wide open until we know our best combinations. Miles will probably start a lot of different combinations, including giving starts and significant time to younger fellows so they are prepared to help in the Big 10 season. Starters during the conference season will probably be the fellows that are hot and match up best. Last year we were soft in the middle, but the guys improved. If the USS Jordy develops well, we could be pretty good in the middle. I expect that we'll improve in the middle anyway because of Jacobsen and Morrow's experience last season. I like our guards, and am looking forward to seeing how Gill and Roby can add. GBR!

I think the diversity of lineups is really intriguing.Ā  We can go with:

Ā 

Size

Tai

AWIII

Roby

Jacobson/Morrow

Tshimanga

Ā 

3pt

Watson

Gill

AWIII

McVeigh/Horne/Roby

Jacobson

Ā 

Speed/Small Ball

Watson

Gill

Tai

AWIII

Morrow

Ā 

Scoring

Watson

Gill

AWIII

Horne/Roby

Tshimanga

Ā 

Defense

Watson

Tai

AWIII

Morrow

Tshimanga

Ā 

Ā 

It's going to be fun to watch.Ā  I hope we just match up to whoever we're playing because I like our chances of having a better roster against most teams.Ā  It's insane to say that.Ā 

Right now, AWIII reminds me of a different guy on those same UNC teams - Harrison Barnes.

DG is one of my favorite Carolina players of all time. Sooo savy and has such a high basketball IQ. So gaining his comparison is tough for me. Ha!

Right now, AWIII reminds me of a different guy on those same UNC teams - Harrison Barnes.

DG is one of my favorite Carolina players of all time. Sooo savy and has such a high basketball IQ. So gaining his comparison is tough for me. Ha!

My comparison was solely based on professional prospects, if Andrew wants to sniff the nba is going to have to study how Danny did it

I am hoping that Tai Webster takes another large step forward his senior year. Ā I believe he is the key to how well the upcoming season develops. Ā He is a good defender but can he knock down the open shot and provide stability and leadership? Ā Watson, White, Jacobson and McVeigh might fill the other positions. Ā I don't have enough knowledge of the newcomers, including Gill, to insert any into the starting lineup.

I am hoping that Tai Webster takes another large step forward his senior year. I believe he is the key to how well the upcoming season develops. He is a good defender but can he knock down the open shot and provide stability and leadership? Watson, White, Jacobson and McVeigh might fill the other positions. I don't have enough knowledge of the newcomers, including Gill, to insert any into the starting lineup.

https://youtu.be/Txsjg9fgneI

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I almost posted in this thread the other day that I think White will be an NBA player, and that he reminds me very much of a poor mans Harrison Barnes.Ā 

My comparison was solely based on professional prospects, if Andrew wants to sniff the nba is going to have to study how Danny did it
You right

• 4 weeks later...

Game 1

Starters

- Glynn Watson

- Tai Webster

- Jack McVeigh

- Edward Morrow

- Michael Jacobson

Bench

- Anton Gill

- Isaiah Roby

- Jordy Tshimanga

- Jeriah Horne

- Nick Fuller

So basically we need no injuries, Tai back, we need Anton to make a first year impact like Petteway and White did, no sophomore slumps from last years class, and the incoming freshmen need to be READY to play. If all of this stuff goes are way we will be fine lol.

Game 1

Starters

- Glynn Watson

- Anton Gill

- Jack McVeigh

- Edward Morrow

- Michael Jacobson

Bench

- Tai Webster

- Isaiah Roby

- Jordy Tshimanga

- Jeriah Horne

- Nick Fuller

So basically we need no injuries, Tai back, we need Anton to make a first year impact like Petteway and White did, no sophomore slumps from last years class, and the incoming freshmen need to be READY to play. If all of this stuff goes are way we will be fine lol.

Agree completely- but I wonder if a freshman cracks the starting lineup.

I'm thinking I'm going to include Andrew White in my very early projections.

Ā 

Anyone else?

Ā 

Obviously, I'm going to have to change my projections.

Ā 

Guards:Ā  One of Tai, Anton or Glynn will have to come in off the bench.Ā  They will all play substantial minutes, so it probably doesn't make much difference which comes in and which sits for the opening tip.

Ā 

SF:Ā  Either Jack or Isaiah.Ā  Both will get good minutes.Ā  If the guards get in foul trouble, they might be sliding down to play the 2.Ā  I'm going to say Game 1 Starter is Jack just because of experience.

Ā 

PF:Ā  Well, it's either Ed, Jake or Jeriah.Ā  If Jake starts at the 5, it would probably be Ed starting at the 4.Ā  If Jordy starts at the 5, I could see the merits of either Ed orĀ Michael starting at the 4, but I'll go with ... Ed, because I think the Game 1 Starter at Center will be ...

Ā 

C:Ā  Jordy.Ā  (Ha, fooled ya.Ā  You probably thought I was going to say Michael.)Ā  I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think Jordy starts first game freshman year.Ā  I say this because: 1) I love his size and length; and 2) I think Michael is in the same spot as Tai where you'll see him as the primary backup at both spots.Ā  Capable of starting at either spot, but needed for depth at both.Ā  Therefore, probably comes off the bench even though they'll all get good minutes.

Ā 

I still think Jeriah Horne is a dark horse candidate for major impact, with Isaiah being the more obvious candidate.Ā  Both could have major impact, especially with the departure of White.

Ā 

So ... that's my take.

Game 1

Starters

- Glynn Watson

- Tai Webster

- Jack McVeigh

- Edward Morrow

- Michael Jacobson

Bench

- Anton Gill

- Isaiah Roby

- Jordy Tshimanga

- Jeriah Horne

- Nick Fuller

Ā 

Assuming we don't sign anybody else and leave two scholarships floating around I will go with...

Ā 

1. Watson

2. Gill

3.Ā Roby

4. Morrow

5. Jacobson

Ā 

Tai will get plenty of minutes backing up Watson/Gill and seems to prefer that first man off the bench role.Ā  Lets just hope our guards can stay out of foul trouble the whole year.Ā 

Ā 

Game 1

Starters

- Glynn Watson

- Tai Webster

- Jack McVeigh

- Edward Morrow

- Michael Jacobson

Bench

- Anton Gill

- Isaiah Roby

- Jordy Tshimanga

- Jeriah Horne

- Nick Fuller

Ā 

Assuming we don't sign anybody else and leave two scholarships floating around I will go with...

Ā 

1. Watson

2. Gill

3.Ā Roby

4. Morrow

5. Jacobson

Ā 

Tai will get plenty of minutes backing up Watson/Gill and seems to prefer that first man off the bench role.Ā  Lets just hope our guards can stay out of foul trouble the whole year.Ā 

Ā 

And healthy. Ā Foul trouble would suck for a game, but a long-term injury to any of our trio of guards would be insurmountable IMO.

Would it change anyone's lineup if they found out Ed Morrow put on 28 lbs of muscle and is up to 233 lbs?

Ā 

Good reading, Dimes! Ā Muscles are cool and all, but I would be more interested in seeing if he improved his skills. Ā