Last-ditch effort to convince Andrew White to return

Dillon Brooks.

As a freshman at Oregon, he averaged 11.5 points and 5 rebounds per game. 

He came back for his sophomore season and put up 16.7 and 5.4, proving that he could put up big numbers a second straight season.

He declared for the draft but didn't hire an agent; he's still contemplating whether or not to withdraw his name.

Draft Express projects him as the #75 available player, one spot ahead of Melo Trimble for what it's worth.

He's 6'6" and 225# and he's a career 34% from three-point range (33.7% as a freshman; 33.8 as a soph).  His numbers aren't likely to improve much if he comes back, but he does have an opportunity, if he returns, to prove that he can put up solid numbers 3 straight seasons.

I think that makes a difference.

Andrew, right now, Draft Express doesn't have you among its Top 100 prospects.  BUT ...

It has you #26 among juniors.  You have a brilliant chance to be among the top seniors next year.

Come back to Nebraska, prove you can put up good stats 2 years in a row, improve the things your draft evaluation said you needed to work on, and prepare to be a draft pick a year from now.

For your sake -- and for ours -- it's really your best call.

I'm sure we could find a way for Andrew to get free Runzas for a year if he stays.

He just needs to make sure Nebraska scores enough points every home game and then turn the ticket in...

Sorry, Nebrasketballer, I just reached my quota of up-arrows.  The system won't permit me to up-arrow any more posts until, like, tomorrow.

Can someone help a Norm out here and throw some up-arrows Nebrasketballer's way?  That's a worthy post for some love.

I'm sure we could find a way for Andrew to get free Runzas for a year if he stays.

He just needs to make sure Nebraska scores enough points every home game and then turn the ticket in...

Sorry, Nebrasketballer, I just reached my quota of up-arrows.  The system won't permit me to up-arrow any more posts until, like, tomorrow.

Can someone help a Norm out here and throw some up-arrows Nebrasketballer's way?  That's a worthy post for some love.

got your back Norm

Dillon Brooks.

As a freshman at Oregon, he averaged 11.5 points and 5 rebounds per game. 

He came back for his sophomore season and put up 16.7 and 5.4, proving that he could put up big numbers a second straight season.

He declared for the draft but didn't hire an agent; he's still contemplating whether or not to withdraw his name.

Draft Express projects him as the #75 available player, one spot ahead of Melo Trimble for what it's worth.

He's 6'6" and 225# and he's a career 34% from three-point range (33.7% as a freshman; 33.8 as a soph).  His numbers aren't likely to improve much if he comes back, but he does have an opportunity, if he returns, to prove that he can put up solid numbers 3 straight seasons.

I think that makes a difference.

Andrew, right now, Draft Express doesn't have you among its Top 100 prospects.  BUT ...

It has you #26 among juniors.  You have a brilliant chance to be among the top seniors next year.

Come back to Nebraska, prove you can put up good stats 2 years in a row, improve the things your draft evaluation said you needed to work on, and prepare to be a draft pick a year from now.

For your sake -- and for ours -- it's really your best call.

“After I looked at it and realized how close I was, I figured, ‘OK you could take a slight gamble this year and have a good chance of getting in there, or I could be a for-sure thing next year if I approach it the right way,’ ” White said.

“Now that these teams know where I’m at and what I did this past year, what I was capable of, it will put me in a really good position to set myself up for next year. This will really help put me in a better position for the NBA next year.”

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/motivated-white-doesn-t-want-to-cheat-self-during-senior/article_7bbded54-279a-576d-b4a8-fd6736d877c4.html

• 1 month later...

Good idea, Norm.

I would also like to contribute to convincing AWIII to stay for one more year.  Andrew, if you come back to Nebraska, I promise that my legal first name will be "Andrew" by the start of the 2016-2017 basketball season.

Dodged a bullet on that one  B)