Kinda thought we would of heard some kind of rumblings by now about a possible grad transfer

Here is my thought. If you go get a grad transfer you are not going to mess up using that spot and at least you add depth.

I understand the chemistry part but even if you go out and get a guy like Moses Abraham who didn't do anything, gotta think he at least pushed on guys in practice.

I would love a ball handling PG who would allow guys like Gill and Webster to play more 2 guard and focus on that.

Don't take a leap in a guy who will use up a scholarship for 3 years but don't let the scholarship sit open if you can have a grad transfer fit some need even if it's 5 min a game and help push guys in practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my thought. If you go get a grad transfer you are not going to mess up using that spot and at least you add depth.

I understand the chemistry part but even if you go out and get a guy like Moses Abraham who didn't do anything, gotta think he at least pushed on guys in practice.

I would love a ball handling PG who would allow guys like Gill and Webster to play more 2 guard and focus on that.

Don't take a leap in a guy who will use up a scholarship for 3 years but don't let the scholarship sit open if you can have a grad transfer fit some need even if it's 5 min a game and help push guys in practice.

I like this thought and second the notion.

Speaking of ... I used to think they should put a guy like Mikki Moore on a football scholarship just for those and-goal situations.  Jump ball, corner of the end-zone?  You got a 6'11" dude with a 7'2" wingspan and a 36" vertical going up against a 5'8" cornerback?  I'd say the 6'11" guy is going to win the tip.  Might not even have to jump.

I completely agree with rolling the dice on a grad transfer.  Its a one year commitment, and he will not impact graduation rates.  If he is a backup at a key position, great.  Anything else is gravy.

One other point I have offered in the past is the secondary benefit of rewarding walk on kids by not handing out scholarships to high schoolers just to fill out the bench.  In truth, the scholarship is not left open.  Instead, the 13th scholarship goes to a deserving walk on (usually an in-state kid).  I have always felt such action brings goodwill within the state.  Miles is able to keep a scholarship available for a real talent the next year.  If the walk on loses the scholarship to a talented incoming player, everyone thanks the walk on for his sacrifice and cheers on the new player without controversy.   Nebraska does not have to worry about graduation numbers or any bitter kids leaving the program after not playing enough or having a key role on the team.  I think that is a win/win.

I agree on the graduate transfer thing.  The problem is it is not quite as simple to do as it seems.  You want to hold out in case something late does break so you have room.  You don't want to take a guys just for depth and practice too early just to take one and miss out on the difference maker, even if it is unlikely.  And then they might all be gone.  It is a risk reward balance kind of thing. 

I agree on the graduate transfer thing. The problem is it is not quite as simple to do as it seems. You want to hold out in case something late does break so you have room. You don't want to take a guys just for depth and practice too early just to take one and miss out on the difference maker, even if it is unlikely. And then they might all be gone. It is a risk reward balance kind of thing.

Very good point that you do want to hold on in case a kid transfers out late but you also can't always hope or expect that.

I get what you are saying it is valid but last couple years hasn't happened.