Nebrasketball on Fox Sports 1

hhcmatt

The problem with Oklahoma is that you can't just grab them without having to take Oklahoma St.

Wouldn't you have the same problem with KU and K-State?  I've seen that mentioned elsewhere so that's why I'm asking.

Probably...off of memory I seemed to think OSU was a little bit more insistent.

Back when the conference was ready to fall apart it was Kansas and their crap football team that was going to be left in the dust, not KSU.

Is the KC market enough TVs to want to grab Kansas? I'm not sure. I really don't think it is to grab Oklahoma. I don't see that those schools are on the radar unless we really want to add 2 more schools.

KU and K-State are indeed linked in some way by the legislature in leaving to a new conference as I recall. State government down there is just as screwed up as our own. Also, KU would have to once again try to move the football program above the Div.II level to make them approachable by the BIG 10 .

Also, KU would have to once again try to move the football program above the Div.II level to make them approachable by the BIG 10 .

I wonder how Rutgers slid by. At least Kansas is good at one sport.

TV sets

TV sets that are in NYC while the State University of New Jersey is 40 miles away in Piscataway!

Also, KU would have to once again try to move the football program above the Div.II level to make them approachable by the BIG 10 .

TV sets

Yeah, I understand you point. I don't quite understand Big Ten/BTN's point though. I can see how both Maryland and Virginia weren't an option simply due to overlap of the market. Wouldn't teams like Syracuse, UConn, Boston College, etc. (aside from conference realignment timing, etc.) make a whole lot more sense than Rutgers?

TV sets

Yeah, I understand you point. I don't quite understand Big Ten/BTN's point though. I can see how both Maryland and Virginia weren't an option simply due to overlap of the market. Wouldn't teams like Syracuse, UConn, Boston College, etc. (aside from conference realignment timing, etc.) make a whole lot more sense than Rutgers?

But Rutgers is the birthplace of college football...  :ph34r:  :blink:  :wacko:  :unsure:  <_<

Not necessarily.

This is from 2010 before Nebraska joined. Looks like the B1G identified and  grabbed all the top TV money markets in their sites except for Texas.

9b4d5ef9ce.png

https://frankthetank.me/2010/04/19/the-value-of-expansion-candidates-to-the-big-ten-network/

FWIW it does indicate that Kansas would be a viable target if the conference wanted to grab two more schools.

Not necessarily.

This is from 2010 before Nebraska joined. Looks like the B1G identified and  grabbed all the top TV money markets in their sites except for Texas.

9b4d5ef9ce.png

https://frankthetank.me/2010/04/19/the-value-of-expansion-candidates-to-the-big-ten-network/

FWIW it does indicate that Kansas would be a viable target if the conference wanted to grab two more schools.

Interesting....We have seen how the Big 12 has dealt with Texas.  Looking at Jim Delaney and how he manages the Big 10...how do you think he would manage a Big 10 with Texas given that amount of money up there in the chart.  Would he have better control over them than the Big 12?

Interesting....We have seen how the Big 12 has dealt with Texas.  Looking at Jim Delaney and how he manages the Big 10...how do you think he would manage a Big 10 with Texas given that amount of money up there in the chart.  Would he have better control over them than the Big 12?

Texas wouldn't have as much power in the B1G and I think the B1G would take them in a heartbeat.

However, I don't think that Texas wants to go anywhere as long the Big 12 is functional and it basically allows them to have major influence and their own network.

That'd be sweet.

Tirico is the tits.

Funny you say it that way.... Apparently he's been overly affectionate with colleagues, at times. (That's being nice to him.)

That too bad, if true. 

He's a great broadcaster, not a gentlemen outside of it from stories I've read from a while back. I'd have to dredge them up, but I'd rather not. [Just think of the former Minnesota AD's actions.]