Nebrasketball on Fox Sports 1

hhcmatt

Considering this thread is already way off track (mostly by my doing), I might as well share that I tried to do a search of the board for semicolons so I could divvy out more up arrows, but the software is not capable of searching for them. 

Apparently BBS software doesn't know how to use them either.  :)

Oh, and the potential new deal is worth a crapload of money; moving to the B1G was a fantastic idea!

It's more a limit of the number of characters. You also just can't do a search for B1G because the search is limited to 4 or more characters. I often wonder when I see people talking about players on some boards if they use abbreviations (MJ vs Michael Jacobson) for this purpose or it's simply to save time typing.

Considering this thread is already way off track (mostly by my doing), I might as well share that I tried to do a search of the board for semicolons so I could divvy out more up arrows, but the software is not capable of searching for them. 

Apparently BBS software doesn't know how to use them either.  :)

Oh, and the potential new deal is worth a crapload of money; moving to the B1G was a fantastic idea!

It's more a limit of the number of characters. You also just can't do a search for B1G because the search is limited to 4 or more characters. I often wonder when I see people talking about players on some boards if they use abbreviations (MJ vs Michael Jacobson) for this purpose or it's simply to save time typing.

Saves typing, I presume.

I found out about the 4-character search limit when I attempted to search for "Bol Bol" and it wouldn't let me.  :ph34r:  :blink:  :wacko:

....and my, that was quite the run-on sentence there huh?

I probably should have used a semi-colon or two, but the problem is I don't know the rules behind semi-colon use very well and don't want to get chastised for improper semi-colon use.

Oh well.

I think fruits and vegetables high in fiber might help with proper semi-colon health.  

The deal is good for the Big East

Except fs1 has little visibility.

This sounds like terrible news to me.

Huh? FS1 has great visibility. Regardless of the Nielsen ratings, FS1 is not far behind ESPN in terms of number of televisions that have the channel.
So your saying the big east ratings are low because people don't care about the big east not because they can't don't have the channel?

The narrative Creighton and big east fans have perpetuated is that no one has the channel. I know that on some TV packages at least fs1 is on a more expensive tier then espn

For me personally there is no way to stream fs1 basketball games whereas I have no trouble with btn or ESPN.

For me personally there is no way to stream fs1 basketball games whereas I have no trouble with btn or ESPN.

Fox does have an app, I've used it. I expect their usage of it will increase and improve in coming years as the demand for it will grow as their profile raises with contracts such as this.

Fox does have an app, I've used it. I expect their usage of it will increase and improve in coming years as the demand for it will grow as their profile raises with contracts such as this.
They have a bunch of apps but I was never able to watch any Creighton games. In my experience their app is terrible. But btn2go gets better every year so maybe there is hope.

They have a bunch of apps but I was never able to watch any Creighton games. In my experience their app is terrible. But btn2go gets better every year so maybe there is hope.

That sounds like they were doing you a favor.

That sounds like they were doing you a favor.

FS1 = For Some1.

Huh? FS1 has great visibility. Regardless of the Nielsen ratings, FS1 is not far behind ESPN in terms of number of televisions that have the channel. 

This is the same logic that the Big Ten uses. By getting Maryland and Rutgers, there are high populations of people there who have televisions. That doesn't mean they're going to watch them though. Sure, you get a few people who flip through channels and stumble across FS1, but the numbers certainly aren't as large as those who religiously flip straight to ESPN to see what's on.

This is the same logic that the Big Ten uses. By getting Maryland and Rutgers, there are high populations of people there who have televisions. That doesn't mean they're going to watch them though. Sure, you get a few people who flip through channels and stumble across FS1, but the numbers certainly aren't as large as those who religiously flip straight to ESPN to see what's on.

It was pretty bad logic and made me vocalize what I had been feeling; the jump to big 10 was a mistake.

Moving to the Big Ten was the absolute best decision possible as the Big 12 appeared to be crumbling down in a heaping pile of Horn dung. Nebraska literally ensured that the future of the university was set in stone in perpetuity. Every program at UNL benefited. The decision was a no-brainer to move to the B1G. No other option even came close, and that included staying in the Big 12 which again appears to be near imminent destruction

Moving to the Big Ten was the absolute best decision possible as the Big 12 appeared to be crumbling down in a heaping pile of Horn dung. Nebraska literally ensured that the future of the university was set in stone in perpetuity. Every program at UNL benefited. The decision was a no-brainer to move to the B1G. No other option even came close, and that included staying in the Big 12 which again appears to be near imminent destruction

The next wave of realignment could very well hinge on whether or not Texas gives up its precious tv network...because if they don't do that I believe its likely that OU leaves.

It also helped greatly on the academic side of the University.  We are getting much better at the school part with our move.

NU has belonged in the Big Ten for many many years.  To me, it's been nothing but a natural fit from the beginning and I couldn't be happier that we finally made it.  The only regret is that it's taken us so long to get there.

F the Big 12, and F Oklahoma and F Texas and F all the rest of 'em.  They can rot for all I care.  Nebraska is where they belong now.

It also helped greatly on the academic side of the University.  We are getting much better at the school part with our move.

even tho i miss the old big 8 rivalries, and initially didn't like the move, moving to the big ten is the best move. We identify more with the big ten in terms of geographic, cities, and personality. The only negative i viewed when we made the move was were going to a joke of baseball conference and even that has flipped, the Big 12 has basically become a modern day version of the SWC and nobody north or Denton should want any part of that but they have to deal with because they had no alternatives, we did. 

Secondly, does FS1 still have Raferty,and Gus Johnson calling games at times?