Big Ten Schools' outlooks for next year.

This guy did a lot of the work for me.  Can't vouch for accuracy but a lot of data.  Hat tip to Scott Dochterman at "The Gazette." 

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/really-b1g-hoops-look-back-and-look-ahead-20160413

He didn't quite do enough work. He's got Tre Demps listed as coming back for Northwestern. I didn't catch any other inaccuracies.

This guy did a lot of the work for me.  Can't vouch for accuracy but a lot of data.  Hat tip to Scott Dochterman at "The Gazette." 

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/really-b1g-hoops-look-back-and-look-ahead-20160413

He didn't quite do enough work. He's got Tre Demps listed as coming back for Northwestern. I didn't catch any other inaccuracies.

How about "Andrew White II" ?   ;)

I liked reading that report, it gave me some hope for some reason. I think Watson, Webster, White, Morrow, McVeigh, Jacobsen, Gill, Roby, and Horne are a nice core group. Fuller would make 10. 

Clearly you're missing some length in the post there - but I promise you guys - basketball can be played at a high level without a 7ft'er. Primarily, it's done by shooting the basketball well. And I think you're going to see significant shooting improvements from Watson and McVeigh specifically. In addition to White, I think we can be just fine next year - middle of the pack squad contending for a bubble spot. Be nice if we could add a graduate transfers at two roles - a dead eye shooter and a defensive paint clogger/shot blocker. But I don't think it's necessary for us to have a decent year. 

I certainly do not think it takes a wild stretch of the imagination to go from 16-18 to 20-12. Then you just see how the pieces fall. And a little luck and you're 21-11, 22-10 range. 

Biggest thing we need to learn to do to be better no matter who we have or get...We must win on the road. We have gotten some "easier" road games the last few years and can't win. But we do go to MSU twice and win. Please even those out and we are a 20 Or 21 win team.

100% correct, Silverbacked. 

Winning on the road is a result of high quality program culture that promotes consistency and mental toughness. How many times have we seen these teams the past few years enter a road game against a poor quality team, and drop the ball? Low energy, not in attack mode, you know the story. Hopefully we can right that this upcoming season. 

I did find it kind of funny that Iowa could possibly return only 1 total start (if Peter Jok, indeed, turns pro with an agent), and yet the Hawkeyes are firmly entrenched in the mid-Big Ten while Nebraska is toiling near the bottom & that Ed Morrow is trying to figure out how to play in the B1G.

Do these fact-finders bother to learn that Morrow has had a foot injury? But, when he was relatively healthy it seemed like Ed was a fairly high-caliber athletic B1G player!  I think EM is likely one of the more B1G-ready guys NU has had on the roster as far as his ups & physical presence.

Needless to say, I can't wait to bury Iowa. It's a long time coming since just graduated Shavon was a FROSH as teammate Dylan Talley sunk the winning hoop against Mike Gesell at the venerable Bob Devaney Sports Center.

I did find it kind of funny that Iowa could possibly return only 1 total start (if Peter Jok, indeed, turns pro with an agent), and yet the Hawkeyes are firmly entrenched in the mid-Big Ten while Nebraska is toiling near the bottom & that Ed Morrow is trying to figure out how to play in the B1G.

This particular article was from an Iowa paper, so take that with a grain of salt

Clearly you're missing some length in the post there - but I promise you guys - basketball can be played at a high level without a 7ft'er. Primarily, it's done by shooting the basketball well. And I think you're going to see significant shooting improvements from Watson and McVeigh specifically. In addition to White, I think we can be just fine next year - middle of the pack squad contending for a bubble spot. Be nice if we could add a graduate transfers at two roles - a dead eye shooter and a defensive paint clogger/shot blocker. But I don't think it's necessary for us to have a decent year. 

Miles' biggest post defender for his CSU tourney team was 6'6" 230#

This particular article was from an Iowa paper, so take that with a grain of salt

Yeah, I know. That is why I ranted as such. Live too close to 'em. ha

I liked reading that report, it gave me some hope for some reason. I think Watson, Webster, White, Morrow, McVeigh, Jacobsen, Gill, Roby, and Horne are a nice core group. Fuller would make 10. 

I certainly do not think it takes a wild stretch of the imagination to go from 16-18 to 20-12. Then you just see how the pieces fall. And a little luck and you're 21-11, 22-10 range. 

My biggest concern is not having to double the post. 

It'd be nice to have another shooter but I'd rather have that person be another junior like Gill than pick up a senior transfer and have an over-sized senior class. Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish we'd have gone after another Anton Gill ready to hit the floor this season after a redshirt than a late-signing HS kid like Bakari Evelyn.  Our success rate with HS-age kids signed in the spring has not been very good over the years.

McVeigh is a slightly different situation, but otherwise, it's ...

Bakari

Tarin Smith

Sergej

Josiah Moore (I believe)

Does anyone remember the name of the kid we picked up from UAB because they didn't admit him there?  He was another spring signee.

Miles' biggest post defender for his CSU tourney team was 6'6" 230#

In my opinion, Draymond Green is one of the most fundamentally sound, effective post defenders in the NBA, and he's 6'7" 230ish