New Assistant -> Michael Lewis

hhcmatt

The batter, looks like my swing.  

In a double header once our back up catcher missed the game so I caught both games.  They DH for me in the second because our starting pitcher was a way better hitter than I was ever going to be.

I thot it looked like Norm! ;)   (but then again I've only seen him dunk :) )

Was that the time with the trampoline or the time they lowered the rim to 8 feet?

In a double header once our back up catcher missed the game so I caught both games.  They DH for me in the second because our starting pitcher was a way better hitter than I was ever going to be.

Was that the time with the trampoline or the time they lowered the rim to 8 feet?

BOTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PmUc8PAwBM

We use to use a trampoline on open gym on Saturdays

Ryan Miller out of UNLV looks intriguing and Miles actually knows him having coached him at Northern State (as an assistant). However, it looks like Miller is recent twitter friends with Jamie Dixon down at TCU as well as a couple of random TCU fan accounts so he very well may already be heading there.

Nailed it:

As a caveat let me say that the more "home run" the hire, the more likely that person is to leave for a head coaching gig or something else. If staff continuity is something you value, that's not necessarily coming with "home run"

Yes this would seem to be true. I would think the highest odds on an assistant staying for a bit would be the hire from within approach. One would think that if Eaton, Owens, or Farokmanesh were given their start here at Nebraska by Miles that they would be a better bet to stick around for some years at least.

Ali had this tweet today.

As a caveat let me say that the more "home run" the hire, the more likely that person is to leave for a head coaching gig or something else. If staff continuity is something you value, that's not necessarily coming with "home run"

Yes this would seem to be true. I would think the highest odds on an assistant staying for a bit would be the hire from within approach. One would think that if Eaton, Owens, or Farokmanesh were given their start here at Nebraska by Miles that they would be a better bet to stick around for some years at least.

https://twitter.com/farokhmanesh5/status/721837184907665408

So does this mean anything? Does this mean that Farokmanesh has a spot to stay at Nebraska in some capacity? Otherwise, his graduate assistant gig was over at the end of the semester correct? Or how do those grad assistant spots work?

https://twitter.com/farokhmanesh5/status/721837184907665408

So does this mean anything? Does this mean that Farokmanesh has a spot to stay at Nebraska in some capacity? Otherwise, his graduate assistant gig was over at the end of the semester correct? Or how do those grad assistant spots work?

Isn't a grad asst. a two year gig? He has been here for two years now right.

CgfktjvVAAAbZwp.jpg

Mike Gesell would have certainly come here if Miles had been here in time. This is proof!

All this time, what he really had in his basement was Tim Miles gear. Who knew?

Can you guys imagine how that would look if Tim was still sporting his beard/goatee in that pic?