I only got to see the first half, but here are my impressions:
- This was the crispest basketball we've played in games that count this season. Hopefully they can carry that over. They'll need to be even better over the next few weeks.
- It was great to see Gill and Copeland play well. If we get half as much from them on most nights as we got from them today, the slow start will be a mere afterthought and we'll be very happy with how this season turns out.
- Jordy seems like everything is taking him by surprise right now. Not sure what's going on. Maybe things are moving really fast for him. He was a legit contributor by the end of the season last year. Need to get him back to that level pronto.
- In the pregame, Miles said they needed to contain Crandall or North Dakota could join the List of Ignominy. They did a great job of containing him.
- I don't know if North Dakota was bad or NU played well (probably some of both) but NU got just about whatever they wanted today. There finishing better at the rim, yet there's still room for improvement there.
- Got an update late in the 2nd half and thought we might have been able to crack the century mark for the first time under Miles. Maybe next time.
- I have no idea how much of their games I'll get to watch this weekend. I'd love to see them get a shot at WVU.