Huskers take on surging Purdue
The Nebraska women’s basketball team travels to West Lafayette, Ind., in search of its second road win of the season on Wednesday, when the Huskers take on Purdue. Tip-off between the Big Red and the Boilermakers is set for 6 p.m. (CT) at Mackey Arena.
The Huskers enter Wednesday's matchup at 12-5 overall and 3-3 on conference play, riding a three-game Big Ten win streak. The Cornhuskers feature one of the nation's top field goal percentages, converting 46 percent from the floor on the year, good for 17th in the NCAA, and the country's No. 11 3-point field goal percentage at 37.6 percent
The Boilermakers saw a nine-game win streak come to an end Sunday at fifth-ranked Ohio State, suffering a 90-70 loss in Columbus. April Wilson a 5-7 senior guard leads Purdue in scoring averaging 15.2 points and 6.1 assists per game. Ashley Morrissette is scoring points 12.5 per game and Bridgette Perry is scoring 11.6 points per game and leads Purdue grabbing 6.1 rebounds a game.
Sharon Versyp became the winningest head coach in program history on Jan. 10, with a 63-53 victory over Indiana, her 207th on the Purdue sidelines. Going into her 10th season at the helm, which at season's end will match her for the longest head coaching tenure in school history.
Purdue leads the all time series with the Huskers 5-2, with the Huskers winning the last contest.
32 - Jessica Shepard - 6-4 - Fr. - F - 20 ppg, 9.1 rpg
22 - Allie Havers - 6-5 - Jr. - C - 7.1
4 - Kyndal Clark - 5-7 - RSr. - G - 5.1
5 - Natalie Romeo - 5-7 - So. - G – 15.6
33 - Rachel Theriot - 6-0 - Sr. - G - 12.1
13 - Bridgette Perry - 6-2 - Jr. - F - 11.6 ppg
4 - Torrie Thompson - 6-0 - R-Sr. - F – 2.8
1 - Ashley Morrisette - 5-9 - Jr. - G - 12.5
24 - Andreona Keys - 5-10 - So. - G – 8.6
25 - April Wilson - 5-7 - Sr. - G - 15.2
• Nebraska enters Wednesday’s matchup at 12-5 overall and 3-3 on conference play, riding a three-game Big Ten win streak, including Saturday’s 65-54 win against Rutgers
• The Cornhuskers feature one of the nation’s top field goal percentages, converting 46 percent from the floor on the year, good for 17th in the NCAA, and the country’s No. 11 3-point field goal percentage at 37.6 percent
• Jessica Shepherd ranks third in the NCAA among freshmen with 20.0 points per game and sixth in the country in freshman rebounding with 9.1 per contest
• Natalie Romeo has made the third-most 3-pointers in the country and leads the Big Ten with 3.4 per
• Rachel Theriot is ranked 12th in the nation in assists per game, averaging 6.4
• Wednesday’s meeting marks the first time Purdue and Nebraska have faced off with neither team ranked.