- Interesting that NU went zone for a while. Bit of a statement on the depth of NU, not to mention the foul trouble they found themselves in.
- Just me or were there an overly excessive number of offensive fouls in the first half, on both sides?
- Thought Ray's lack of ball handling skills showed up a couple of times, especially in the first half. There were a couple of times I thought he could have attcked the rim, but he didn't feel confident in his ability to get there. (Talley seems to have the opposite problem).
- Tough match-up for Andre and Brandon. NU's going to have to figure out how to handle talent like that once we get to conference play.
- Getting nothing from Andre and Brandon offensively today was the dagger. Though Talley and Gallegos didn't have great games, they did at least contribute something. If we can get seven from Shields the rest of the way, too, that will be huge.
- NU can't afford to give away possessions like when two players have possession of a rebound and lose it out of bounds.
- Zero free throws in the first half? That can't happen either. They struggle to score, they've got a find a way to get to the line and get some points some other way than hitting outside jumpers.
- Is Peltz a bit of a dirty player? Looked like there may have been some funny business going on a couple of times. He's a tough player, though, which Nebraska needs.
- Hope Rivers isn't hurt too badly, can't afford to lose anyone in the regular rotation and he'd been getting better.
This really wasn't a surprising outcome. NU's a bit banged up and lacks some depth and athleticism to begin with. Pair that with a team that's fairly good and should probably be in the tournament at the end of the season, this is probably the result that should have happened. We'll see a lot more teams like this (and better) the rest of the way. NU needs to find a way to get the next 4 if they can. I still think there will be opportunities for wins vs. the bottom of the Big Ten, but there will be more nights like this than not. As the announcer said at the end of the game, NU needs to weather the storm this year. I like the effort this team puts forth, I hope that continues all season, they just don't have the pieces to do what they need to do to get to the next step.