Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 24 - vs Iowa


    huskercwg
    • DUmWAw7VAAAZWsm.jpg

    Win and move on. 

     

    I will classify this as a good win.  I will also give Iowa credit for some good offensive sets and the ability to shoot the rock rather than ragging on our defense.  But we did have some ugly defensive breakdowns that I haven't seen for awhile. 

     

    Thought Jordy played his best game of the year.  Good to see, and hopefully it is just a sample of what we will continue to see.  Anybody know why Tanner did not suit up or Duby not seeing the floor?

     

    Man, was Isaac hot at the start or what.  Wow.

     

    I hated how we started the second half.  I was torked.  The crowd was still thinking of the football coach introduction and the players were thinking that rest was fleeting.  But we were able to switch our game back on and put the game away.

     

    Offensively, I thought all played well.  I am surprised Glynn only shot three times, but he distributed the ball well.

     

    We had a few careless turnovers again.  In close games, they are killers. 

     

    Couldn't get that 100 mark...but we had our chances.

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback



    Recommended Comments

    We hit a lot of shots. Played pretty good offense. That was awesome. 

     

    Our transition D was pathetic.  Mike Dicorsi said at halftime it was good. I wondered if he was actually watching the game or just looking at the score. Hopefully our coaches have  been prepping for Wisconsin the last 3 days because we did nothing to take Iowa out of what they wanted to do. 

     

    Bring the offesnive energy Monday and hopefully the 3s that Gill and Allen hit will get them going!   Lock 🔒 D!!

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Might have to start taking game notes. I'm not as good with words as some of you, so I like to bend the knee and enjoy your eloquent thoughts most of the time. 

     

    Fantastic win for this squad. good game too. We had to weather a few storms, but controlled throughout, and it's nice and refreshing to not only win one we are supposed to win, but take it by double digits (again, as we ought to). Again, showed grit and got the crowd into it with good intensity. Definitely didn't expect this many points after a hard road trip like that, but man...the crowd was again, incredible. Kudos to us, we really brought it. only a couple of small 5 min dry spells as well.

     

    Quick turnaround, gotta get on the plane tomorrow, go win one at Wiscy, and sit pretty for a week! Couldn't be happier with the team right now. 

     

    ...and we hit our FREE THROWS!! :lol:

    GBR

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    A few thoughts..

    - It was really nice to see the ball go through the hoop, especially from three.  Hopefully that gets us in a little better groove from deep.

     

    - I was dead wrong on Jordy and am very glad he is back on the team.  The crowd recognizing his efforts was awesome.

     

    - After Iowa got it to 2, that 11-0 run in 1:20 is what makes a the difference between good and very good teams.  This team continues to show great resilience.

     

    - Iowa just beat Wisky by 20+.  Let's go do the same before that well earned week off!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    we won a game we should've won by a proper margin. 

     

    find a way to sneak one on short turn at Madison and this season gets really interesting. a week off to finally rest up. with a couple of important separation opportunities coming up at home? can't ask for more at this point. 

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It’s an awful lot to ask a team to prepare for four offensive threats, which I think we have in Palmer, Copeland, Roby, and Glynn, even though Glynn isn’t shooting much lately. 

     

    Fun atmosphere. Scored four lower level tickets VS my normal 200 and it was a fun upgrade.

     

    Glad to see ET have a solid game. 

    Jordy had a very good game, wonder if that’s why Duby and Tanner didn’t play? 

     

    Bohannon reminds me of a Creighton player.

    Tyler Cook is a beast.

    All in all, a good win!

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    You know we don’t have any really great free throw shooters but it’s such an asset to have 5 or 6 guys shooting in the 70s. 

     

    It really is amazing all the things roby does that you don’t see in the box scores from deflections to walling up in the post. Was really nice to see Jordy start doing some of those things tonight, I counted 4 times where he sealed his guy off in the post leading to lay ups. Played pretty good defense all night too, his first two fouls were horse poo calls n he played for what’s gotta be a jordy record amount of time with 4 fouls 

     

    we should take a look at the game film n incorporate some of those entry passes to the post into our game plans too, it wasn’t all bad post defense tonight some of that’s just great scheme n angles to pass

     

    all n all great win, hope we come out hot vs those badgers Monday 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

    It’s an awful lot to ask a team to prepare for four offensive threats, which I think we have in Palmer, Copeland, Roby, and Glynn, even though Glynn isn’t shooting much lately. 

     

    Fun atmosphere. Scored four lower level tickets VS my normal 200 and it was a fun upgrade.

     

    Glad to see ET have a solid game. 

    Jordy had a very good game, wonder if that’s why Duby and Tanner didn’t play? 

     

    Bohannon reminds me of a Creighton player.

    Tyler Cook is a beast.

    All in all, a good win!

     

    Tanner was sick.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

    You know we don’t have any really great free throw shooters but it’s such an asset to have 5 or 6 guys shooting in the 70s. 

     

    It really is amazing all the things roby does that you don’t see in the box scores from deflections to walling up in the post. Was really nice to see Jordy start doing some of those things tonight, I counted 4 times where he sealed his guy off in the post leading to lay ups. Played pretty good defense all night too, his first two fouls were horse poo calls n he played for what’s gotta be a jordy record amount of time with 4 fouls 

     

    we should take a look at the game film n incorporate some of those entry passes to the post into our game plans too, it wasn’t all bad post defense tonight some of that’s just great scheme n angles to pass

     

    all n all great win, hope we come out hot vs those badgers Monday 

    One of the ways they did this was through a top of the key screen with Cook and Bohannon. Bohannon would drive off of a pick from Cook, drawing the post defender towards one side of the paint. Bohannon would pass the ball back to someone at the high post, and Cook would, instead of rolling straight to the basket, roll to the opposite block and seal Roby who was concerned with the roll to the basket and Bohannon drive. All he had to do then was dropstep and score because the pass in from the high post was so easy. Saw that multiple times tonight.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Fun stat...we actually outrebounded Iowa 37-28.  Given our struggles, that is great to see. However, it still felt like all of Iowa's 28  rebounds were offensive rebounds and I think they had 3-4 alone on their own missed free throws.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, Ben Zobrist said:

    One of the ways they did this was through a top of the key screen with Cook and Bohannon. Bohannon would drive off of a pick from Cook, drawing the post defender towards one side of the paint. Bohannon would pass the ball back to someone at the high post, and Cook would, instead of rolling straight to the basket, roll to the opposite block and seal Roby who was concerned with the roll to the basket and Bohannon drive. All he had to do then was dropstep and score because the pass in from the high post was so easy. Saw that multiple times tonight.  

    Yup old Fran may be a time bomb but that was a good set to run offense out of 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

    Fun stat...we actually outrebounded Iowa 37-28.  Given our struggles, that is great to see. However, it still felt like all of Iowa's 28  rebounds were offensive rebounds and I think they had 3-4 alone on their own missed free throws.

    I’m pretty sure they had atleast ten offensive rebounds in the first half it seemed like so I was also shocked to see they only ended up w 28 rebounds. How many were offensive? Half? 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, 49r said:

    Once again we covered comfortably, #bettheskers

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
     

     

    I'm really pissed about that Palmer blown drive at the end and then giving up a three for the final margin.  Should have been 100-81.  Dammit.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I thought the turning point came in the middle of the first half, during a tight game, when Glynn Watson put intense, full court defensive pressure on their point guard.  That pressure got them out of their usual rhythm, and the Huskers pulled away to a solid half time lead.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    As many of you have said Jordy had an error free offensive game (minus the jumper late in the game but sometimes having confidence is huge and taking a bad shot is part of it), and gave great effort hitting the boards and getting on the floor as much as anyone.

     

    Was hoping he would have impacted Cook’s game more on defense. Maybe that was good scheme by them or bad scheme on us but our small ‘5’ and our big ‘5’ didn’t do a whole lot in stopping him. 😖😖

     

    Regardless, if he can provide error free offense then his ceiling is super high and everyone should love a big guy getting floor burns!!!

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    48 minutes ago, Ben Zobrist said:

    One of the ways they did this was through a top of the key screen with Cook and Bohannon. Bohannon would drive off of a pick from Cook, drawing the post defender towards one side of the paint. Bohannon would pass the ball back to someone at the high post, and Cook would, instead of rolling straight to the basket, roll to the opposite block and seal Roby who was concerned with the roll to the basket and Bohannon drive. All he had to do then was dropstep and score because the pass in from the high post was so easy. Saw that multiple times tonight.  

     

    We looked like we had never seen that action before......puzzling defense. 

     

    Perhaps Bohannon burying three early 3s made it tougher to defend than we had planned.....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

     

     

    Man, was Isaac hot at the start or what.  Wow.

     

     

     

    He was awesome on O!  So efficient and in rythm.  Over 2.0 points per shot!?!!?  And some aggression too on a rim rattler! 

     

    Seemed super passive on defense early in the game. Not locked in as he has admitted sometimes before. Last 3/4 of the game though he was active on the defensive end. It’s good to have long/athletic guys on D however if we aren’t flying around using it we just become an undersized front court that is lite in the britches. 

     

    Im talking to myself. So excited.  Feels like the early 90s again. 

    Edited by TZAHL

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    31 minutes ago, TZAHL said:

    As many of you have said Jordy had an error free offensive game (minus the jumper late in the game but sometimes having confidence is huge and taking a bad shot is part of it), and gave great effort hitting the boards and getting on the floor as much as anyone.

     

    Was hoping he would have impacted Cook’s game more on defense. Maybe that was good scheme by them or bad scheme on us but our small ‘5’ and our big ‘5’ didn’t do a whole lot in stopping him. 😖😖

     

    Regardless, if he can provide error free offense then his ceiling is super high and everyone should love a big guy getting floor burns!!!

     

     

    I think with Tanner sick and Duby DNP they made the decision real early to let cook get his 20+ but to clamp down and really limit 3s. Which we did, even tho we gave up 81, I liked our defensive strategy, I also liked that asides from that brief stretch to open the second half, I never feared we’d lose.. side note, I wish we had Cook on our team, to pair with Roby/Copeland that would be amazing 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    We had about 7 Io_a fans sitting in the row in front of us.  You could tell they wanted to get loud so bad, but couldn’t because their team was getting handled.  I thoroughly enjoyed their silence and made sure to clap a little louder than normal.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    One of my favorite things about this team is they can win in more than one way. If we need to score a bunch, we can (UTSA, Iowa), and if we need to play a game that’s a defensive battle (Rutgers), we can. Team has a lot of resolve, too. Fun team to watch this year. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The Fran-o-meter intensity level seemed a bit low given the margin of victory. With an extension in his hip pocket, it looks like Fran just wants to get the year over. Too bad it isn't one of those years we play them twice.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



  • Nebraska basketball NCAA tournament odds

    Updates every 60 minutes

    Status:
    How many brackets have Huskers? /105

    Last update:

    Full Version: Here / By bvankat: Github

  • Categories

  • Topics

  • Coach Miles Twitter Feed


×