Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 22 - @ Ohio St.


    uneblinstu
    • Capture.jpg

    So, I'm watching this at a friends place where they're not as focused on the game as I normally would be, so my thoughts might be a little scattered.

     

    First Half:

    • We missed so many open looks. In that way, it felt a lot like the Illinois game. NU should have been up by a decent margin at the half.
    • Nothing in the scoring column from Glynn isn't a winning formula.
    • Energy was ok, but again, missed opportunities loom.
    • These are two of the better defensive teams in the conference. Probably shouldn't have been surprised by a low scoring half.
    • I know Jordy's third foul was cheap, but he still has to learn to defend without fouling.

     

    Second Half:

    • JPJ was the man. As good of a performance as I've seen in a while.
    • Glynn can't contribute nothing offensively. This happens too often.
    • This would have been a huge win. They had every opportunity to win this thing, and it felt like they missed an opportunity.
    • Maybe it was just that the teams were playing tight early, neither team played all that great. I thought much of the second half was really entertaining.

     

    Rutgers now becomes a huge, huge game. NU can't mail that one in. Rutgers will beat us if we do that, but they can't take it for granted. Not as much detail as I'd like, but this will get y'all started.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback



    Recommended Comments

    9 minutes ago, taterdanger said:

     

    Does anyone else get the feeling Cary is auditioning for the Nebraska job?

     

    He's been awfully vocal about this season. Maybe he's always like that, and I've never noticed it.

    I disagree with Cary that it's good we don't get Purdue, MSU and OSU again. We WANT to play those teams in Lincoln, not ONLY on the road. I watched two bubble teams (Va. Tech and TCU) beat top 10 teams last night, but at home, while we lost a tight one on the road.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Tough to win on the road when year after year you are a poor shooting team.   I wasn't sweating Glynn's play a few weeks ago but it may be time to panic with how poor he has shot the ball.  I'm not sure we can get where we want to be without him.  We didn't play our best game, neither did OSU but still a gut punch knowing that we let another one slip away.  But, win Wednesday and we are still in solid shape.  People keep saying we need to go 12-6 in the Big 10 to have a chance but I will take 11-7 and a good showing in New York and I think that may give us a chance at an at large.  It all starts Wednesday though, have to win @Rutgers.  Win that game and I feel pretty good about us getting to 11 wins.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

    Tough to win on the road when year after year you are a poor shooting team.   I wasn't sweating Glynn's play a few weeks ago but it may be time to panic with how poor he has shot the ball.  I'm not sure we can get where we want to be without him.  We didn't play our best game, neither did OSU but still a gut punch knowing that we let another one slip away.  But, win Wednesday and we are still in solid shape.  People keep saying we need to go 12-6 in the Big 10 to have a chance but I will take 11-7 and a good showing in New York and I think that may give us a chance at an at large.  It all starts Wednesday though, have to win @Rutgers.  Win that game and I feel pretty good about us getting to 11 wins.

     

    I think Glynn is having trouble adjusting to not having the ball in his hands so often. With Roby up-and-coming and Palmer emerging as a go-to-guy, he's having to move without the ball more and take spot up looks. It was to be difficult to learn to play a completely different way. 

    That being said, he needs to figure it out. That's what upperclassmen do.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    What's all this lyin around shit?

     

    We just went toe-to-toe with the #13 team in the country, on the road, and had them up against the wall with 3 minutes to play.

     

    Our NCAA hopes aren't over.  Nothing's over until we decide it is!

     

    Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no!  And it ain't over now!

     

    Now who's with me?  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, taterdanger said:

     

    I think Glynn is having trouble adjusting to not having the ball in his hands so often. With Roby up-and-coming and Palmer emerging as a go-to-guy, he's having to move without the ball more and take spot up looks. It was to be difficult to learn to play a completely different way. 

    That being said, he needs to figure it out. That's what upperclassmen do.

    It's not much different from last year when Tai had it in his hands most of the time, is it?

     

    Roby shot twice last night.  He's not hogging the ball by any means.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

    What's all this lyin around shit?

     

    We just went toe-to-toe with the #13 team in the country, on the road, and had them up against the wall with 3 minutes to play.

     

    Our NCAA hopes aren't over.  Nothing's over until we decide it is!

     

    Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no!  And it ain't over now!

     

    Now who's with me?  

     

    Animal+House.jpg

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    36 minutes ago, 49r said:

    To me it's hilarious to read some of the comments in here.  We just lost by 5 points on the road at the 13th ranked team in the country who is probably playing as well as anyone (currently on an 8 game winning streak and is 9-0 in the B1G) and you'd think we just got Incarnate Worded.

     

    Is this Rock Bottom?

     

    Because if it is sign me up.  Jeez, I try to not be a sunshine pumper but some of us need to take a time out and realize that we've got a pretty good team on our hands here...

     

    I haven't made any of those doomsday comments, but I think the mindset is just a result of the continued frustration of Nebrasketball.  They never seem to be able to get over the proverbial hump.

     

    That game was there for the taking.  Just too many STUPID mistakes (ridiculous turnovers, dumb dumb dumb fouls, stepping on the out-of-bounds line multiple times, defensive breakdowns letting Bates-Diop and 'Wreckingball' Tate get uncontested or nearly uncontested layups, allowing young Mr. Dakich to make too many plays, etc.).

    Edited by NUtball

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, atskooc said:

    It's not much different from last year when Tai had it in his hands most of the time, is it?

     

    Roby shot twice last night.  He's not hogging the ball by any means.

     

    You're probably right. I just can't explain his struggles any other way. It always seemed like he and Tai would take turns last year running PnR, now he just fades out of games.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    My biggest thing is we are up 3 with a little under three minutes and then it seems like we didnt run another play or set the rest of the game.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    29 minutes ago, taterdanger said:

     

    Does anyone else get the feeling Cary is auditioning for the Nebraska job?

     

    He's been awfully vocal about this season. Maybe he's always like that, and I've never noticed it.

     

    That's kind of funny. He was a grad assistant at Wyoming and was a DOBO at James Madison but I think that's as far as he got in the college coaching ranks.  He's a basketball junkie in large part to his father being a long time coach. Not sure what he does for a day job but I suspect that he's probably coaching some kids at some level. I think I've followed him on twitter for a while and I'd chalk up his increased tweets to a combination of being more comfortable with that form of communication and 93.7 bringing him on to talk hoops.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

     

    That's kind of funny. He was a grad assistant at Wyoming and was a DOBO at James Madison but I think that's as far as he got in the college coaching ranks.  He's a basketball junkie in large part to his father being a long time coach. Not sure what he does for a day job but I suspect that he's probably coaching some kids at some level. I think I've followed him on twitter for a while and I'd chalk up his increased tweets to a combination of being more comfortable with that form of communication and 93.7 bringing him on to talk hoops.

     

    This is good to know. I didn't know what he ended up doing after James Madison, so his sudden emergence was a little weird to me. He gives a good interview though.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    31 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

    Tough to win on the road when year after year you are a poor shooting team.   I wasn't sweating Glynn's play a few weeks ago but it may be time to panic with how poor he has shot the ball.  I'm not sure we can get where we want to be without him.  We didn't play our best game, neither did OSU but still a gut punch knowing that we let another one slip away.  But, win Wednesday and we are still in solid shape.  People keep saying we need to go 12-6 in the Big 10 to have a chance but I will take 11-7 and a good showing in New York and I think that may give us a chance at an at large.  It all starts Wednesday though, have to win @Rutgers.  Win that game and I feel pretty good about us getting to 11 wins.

    Appears to me that Glynn's shooting woes are in his head, and I think it's affecting his mechanics. The "good" shooting Glynn got his feet set and was on balance. The "struggling" Glynn seems to be very off-balance and falling back or twisting to the side. Haven't seen him be aggressive with his 12-15 foot pull-ups, which is where he was so dangerous. Perhaps Tim needs to do something to try to get him going early in games. If he sees the ball go through the hoop a few times, that may go a long way to cure his ills.   

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    You know, regarding Glynn I have seen this exact same situation on "Fringe". There was a good Walter and a bad Walter. I think we need to be looking around for dimensional worm holes if this keeps up.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

    Nothing short of remarkable we beat the Vegas spread handily when you look at our stats.

    Also shows that we have turned the corner.  In years past when we shoot like we did, we got blown out.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    56 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

    What's all this lyin around shit?

     

    We just went toe-to-toe with the #13 team in the country, on the road, and had them up against the wall with 3 minutes to play.

     

    Our NCAA hopes aren't over.  Nothing's over until we decide it is!

     

    Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no!  And it ain't over now!

     

    Now who's with me?  

    Exactly, just win out (or most of them) get one in tournament and I think we can still dance.  Well I can't dance unless there is a lot of alcohol but this team can.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, NUtball said:

     

    I haven't made any of those doomsday comments, but I think the mindset is just a result of the continued frustration of Nebrasketball.  They never seem to be able to get over the proverbial hump.

     

     

     

     

    This isn't necessarily addressed directly at you @NUtball, but your comment is a good example of the kind of mind set I'm talking about.  It's something we as a collective fan base need to get over, and quickly...we may be looking at a pretty enjoyable next 6 weeks if the last 6 are any indication of how things can go.

     

    Here's a pretty good "come down off the ledge for a minute" twitter rant:

     

     

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, PimpMario said:

     

    Nothing Miles has tried this year has worked.  Maybe not starting him should be tried at this point.  

     

    Please correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly, but weren't you adamant about retaining Miles at the end of last year?  I remember someone blasting me for daring to suggest that Miles is a poor roster manager, and I could've sworn that was you.  I just find it interesting that you're starting to make comments very similar to ones I made previously that you downvoted me for.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    38 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

    You know, regarding Glynn I have seen this exact same situation on "Fringe". There was a good Walter and a bad Walter. I think we need to be looking around for dimensional worm holes if this keeps up.

     

    Excellent TV show, and fantastic Walter reference!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This is exactly what I had down:

     

     

    I just was more specific and had us winning at home against Md and IU and losing on the road at Wisc and Minn.

     

    But I also have us beating Rutx2, Iowa, Ill on the road, and home vs. PSU to end the regular season.  That's 5 straight wins to end the season and 12 conference wins overall.

     

    As long as we drop Rutgers like a 2 foot putt, we're still on schedule.  Beat Rutgers on the road and Iowa at home, and the next two games are pressure-free road games where wins help but losses don't hurt.  And picking up one of those road games against either Wisc or Minn gets us ahead of the curve.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    23 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

     

    Please correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly, but weren't you adamant about retaining Miles at the end of last year?  I remember someone blasting me for daring to suggest that Miles is a poor roster manager, and I could've sworn that was you.  I just find it interesting that you're starting to make comments very similar to ones I made previously that you downvoted me for.  

     

    I didn't check into it but I'm guessing you're wrong.  Pimp, from my memory, has sort of always been at best lukewarm about Miles.  I can't imagine Pimp blasting someone for being critical of Miles.  But, maybe I'm misremembering.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
     

    Please correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly, but weren't you adamant about retaining Miles at the end of last year?  I remember someone blasting me for daring to suggest that Miles is a poor roster manager, and I could've sworn that was you.  I just find it interesting that you're starting to make comments very similar to ones I made previously that you downvoted me for.  

    No I wasn't miles fan pretty quickly after he was hired. And was ecstatic when we made our run. But after that he hasn't seem like he's had any forward momentum in terms of recruiting or play style or adapting to the Big 10. It seems like with him it's always one step forward with a good recruit and then two steps back with a crew with the player leaving and losses mounting. I definitely worry as a program we have to lower standards and that miles will get a few more years just because moose hasn't had the chance to properly evaluate him because basketball is in a high enough priority.

     

    To answer your question directly I wanted my miles gone after the last year. I was pretty dishearten the whole offseason because we had retained him.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    44 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

     

    Please correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly, but weren't you adamant about retaining Miles at the end of last year?  I remember someone blasting me for daring to suggest that Miles is a poor roster manager, and I could've sworn that was you.  I just find it interesting that you're starting to make comments very similar to ones I made previously that you downvoted me for.  

     

    I just had to spend 5 minutes on hold (yay) so I figured what better way to spend my time on hold (yay) than to quickly scroll through your posts looking to see if there were any downvotes and, if so, whether Pimp had given them to you.

     

    I think you're wrong.  I looked through 2 years just looking at downvotes and I didn't see any indication Pimp had ever given you a downvote in the last two years.

     

    Hey, it was something to do while on hold that didn't take much brain power.  So ... your comment made me curious and I decided to find out.  -_-

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



  • Nebraska basketball NCAA tournament odds

    Updates every 60 minutes

    Status:
    How many brackets have Huskers? /105

    Last update:

    Full Version: Here / By bvankat: Github

  • Categories

  • Topics

  • Coach Miles Twitter Feed


×