Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 22 - @ Ohio St.


    uneblinstu
    • Capture.jpg

    So, I'm watching this at a friends place where they're not as focused on the game as I normally would be, so my thoughts might be a little scattered.

     

    First Half:

    • We missed so many open looks. In that way, it felt a lot like the Illinois game. NU should have been up by a decent margin at the half.
    • Nothing in the scoring column from Glynn isn't a winning formula.
    • Energy was ok, but again, missed opportunities loom.
    • These are two of the better defensive teams in the conference. Probably shouldn't have been surprised by a low scoring half.
    • I know Jordy's third foul was cheap, but he still has to learn to defend without fouling.

     

    Second Half:

    • JPJ was the man. As good of a performance as I've seen in a while.
    • Glynn can't contribute nothing offensively. This happens too often.
    • This would have been a huge win. They had every opportunity to win this thing, and it felt like they missed an opportunity.
    • Maybe it was just that the teams were playing tight early, neither team played all that great. I thought much of the second half was really entertaining.

     

    Rutgers now becomes a huge, huge game. NU can't mail that one in. Rutgers will beat us if we do that, but they can't take it for granted. Not as much detail as I'd like, but this will get y'all started.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback



    Recommended Comments

    I can't really find any words.  We needed this win, it was pretty much a must win and our last chance at a Tier 1 win.  This hurts because in my heart of hearts I know that in all likelihood we aren't dancing now.

    Edited by PimpMario

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    In football to me the loss the ends our national championship always hurts.  But the one that hurts the most is the one that ends our chances at a conference championship.

     

    This kinda felt like that to me.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, PimpMario said:

    I can't really find any words.  We needed this win, it was pretty much a must win and our last chance at a Tier 1 win.  This hurts because in my heart of hearts I know that in all likelihood we aren't dancing now.

     

    Disagree with this completely.  Still a lot to play for.  One loss to a top 30 RPI team on the road does not knock you out of the tournament when you have 14 wins and 9 games to go.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, PimpMario said:

    I can't really find any words.  We needed this win, it was pretty much a must win and our last chance at a Tier 1 win.  This hurts because in my heart of hearts I know that in all likelihood we aren't dancing now.

    the positive is that we have a very easy finish to our schedule. but yea nit is looking a lot more likely than ncaa tourney right now.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

    I can't really find any words.  We needed this win, it was pretty much a must win and our last chance at a Tier 1 win.  This hurts because in my heart of hearts I know that in all likelihood we aren't dancing now.

     

    See you next season then. There's still a lot more opportunities left to get into the tournament. Sure, the chances are a lot more slim after this one but it's certainly not over.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Nothing is easy in this schedule.  We still have too many long scoring droughts, questionable offensive possessions and don’t attack the defensive boards.   OSU clearly made half time adjustments and was prepared for the 1-3-1.  Rutgers is huge, but every single game will be a dogfight to earn wins.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I know there will be complaining about the amount of 3 ptrs shot in the 1st half but a lot of them were open. Good teams make those. If those go in it would've opened up the lane for drives. And still have shot at NCAA tourney. The window of opportunity is smaller but need to finish season strong and make some noise in conference tournament.

    Edited by rr52

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    it was painful, but it was expected. it doesn't change the trajectory of making or not making the tourney. what this loss does do is remove the margin of error from a bad loss. we can't take any now. 

     

    i'm a lot more concerned with how the game was played than the result. especially the end. we can't keep stumbling around drunk the last two or three minutes in a tight game. 

     

    it's a tough loss, and an especially frustrating loss given the sheer volume of opportunity OSU was determined to hand us, but it's not a season breaker. It's just pathetic. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    In a game like this, where we played not our best and still kept it close, the little things add up. Duby coming in and basically causing two turnovers on screens, ET losing the ball on a layup, Roby missing the front of a one and one, Glynn getting behind his man and fouling towards the end, you can’t overcome those type of things if you aren’t playing well and still expect to win the game. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Actual facebook chat between me and a KU friend from earlier today (after he asked me to be a reference for him in a job search):

     

    HIM: How's Nebrasketball looking?

     

    ME: Not bad. Big game tonight. But it will end in some soul-crushing fashion.

     

    ME (sarcastically): When's KU basketball gonna catch a break? It's uncanny no matter what the rest of the conference looks like compared to KU, you win and they don't.

     

    HIM: Yeah, we look really bad at home. I'm afraid we won't get past the second round of the NCAA this year.

     

    (Poor guy.)

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

     

    Disagree with this completely.  Still a lot to play for.  One loss to a top 30 RPI team on the road does not knock you out of the tournament when you have 14 wins and 9 games to go.

     

    It does when you have no real opportunities for Tier 1 wins remaining (barring a Minnesota or Maryland run).

     

    Our resume can only really get worse here on out unless we somehow go on a winning streak (figuring out how to win on the road).

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    this game was there for the taking for us, but alas our early foul trouble (and poor 3 point shooting) doomed us in the stretch.  Credit goes to the Buckeyes though, they're probably the second or third best team we've played all year.  Which sucks because I hate Ohio State, but I digress...

     

    This is also a game where the old adage "don't let this team beat you twice" meaning get over it quick and come to play with fire on Wednesday against Rutgers comes in to play.  Fellas, it's all still out there for us, we just need to go grab it!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, jayschool said:

    Actual facebook chat between me and a KU friend from earlier today (after he asked me to be a reference for him in a job search):

     

    HIM: How's Nebrasketball looking?

     

    ME: Not bad. Big game tonight. But it will end in some soul-crushing fashion.

     

    ME (sarcastically): When's KU basketball gonna catch a break? It's uncanny no matter what the rest of the conference looks like compared to KU, you win and they don't.

     

    HIM: Yeah, we look really bad at home. I'm afraid we won't get past the second round of the NCAA this year.

     

    (Poor guy.)

     

     

    Can you do the rest of us a favor?  If the prospective employer calls you and asks about your KU friend, just rip the guy like a cheap dress on prom night.  Talk about how horrible of a human he is, totally untrustworthy, etc.  He deserves it for that conversation!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, aphilso1 said:

     

    Can you do the rest of us a favor?  If the prospective employer calls you and asks about your KU friend, just rip the guy like a cheap dress on prom night.  Talk about how horrible of a human he is, totally untrustworthy, etc.  He deserves it for that conversation!

     

    Wouldn't it just be easier and more efficient just to tell that prospective employer that he's a KU fan? Problem solved.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, 49r said:

    this game was there for the taking for us, but alas our early foul trouble (and poor 3 point shooting) doomed us in the stretch.  Credit goes to the Buckeyes though, they're probably the second or third best team we've played all year.  Which sucks because I hate Ohio State, but I digress...

     

    This is also a game where the old adage "don't let this team beat you twice" meaning get over it quick and come to play with fire on Wednesday against Rutgers comes in to play.  Fellas, it's all still out there for us, we just need to go grab it!

     

    Never seen this before but will use it from now on.  And will footnote each time 9er.

    Edited by Silverbacked1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

     

    It does when you have no real opportunities for Tier 1 wins remaining (barring a Minnesota or Maryland run).

     

    Our resume can only really get worse here on out unless we somehow go on a winning streak (figuring out how to win on the road).

     

    Yeah, the fact that we have to turn around and play a conference game in New Jersey less than 48 hours is ridiculous.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, PimpMario said:

     

    Yeah, the fact that we have to turn around and play a conference game in New Jersey less than 48 hours is ridiculous.  

    Against a team that will suck your soul dry and turn a basketball game into the Bataan Death March.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, jayschool said:

    Against a team that will suck your soul dry and turn a basketball game into the Bataan Death March.

     

    Yeah, playing them is a lose lose situation.  win and we get nothing.  Lose and... just don't lose.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

     

    Never seen this before but will use it from now on.  And will footnote each time 9er.

     

    Think I said that about Creighton...  We went on to lose to Incarnate Word.  At least Rutgers is on the road.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

    I really wish we would have gone to the 1-3-1 midway through the second half. 

     

    Do you think that would have helped with easier buckets?

     

    I don't think the 1-3-1 help towards the end, didn't seem to be slowing down OSU that much.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



  • Nebraska basketball NCAA tournament odds

    Updates every 60 minutes

    Status:
    How many brackets have Huskers? /105

    Last update:

    Full Version: Here / By bvankat: Github

  • Categories

  • Topics

  • Coach Miles Twitter Feed


×