Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 12 - vs. Kansas


    uneblinstu
    • image.png

      OOOOOOOHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!

     

     

    • Look friends, tonight was special. In a game like this, you can dissect it a thousand different ways and come up with a different outcome. I don't really feel like doing that. This team played its guts out. They've proved to me they can play well enough to make it to March. They need to carry this forward. I think they will.
    • Heckuva time for Thomas Allen to break out. Would have liked to see him a little more at the end.
    • Coming into this four game stretch many on here said if they went 1-3, it would be a success. Well, we did that and it feels like it could have been so much more. They were a whisper away from being 3-1 instead. That should show them they're good enough. Hopefully the end of this one doesn't linger.
    • Personally, I wish they hadn't brought out Coach Frost before the game. I wish they'd have found a different time for that. I thought it took away from the moment for the basketball team.
    • The crowd was awesome tonight. Really great.
    • It seems like the AD is re-embracing the "Husker Power" chant during intros.
    • There were a lot of hidden 1997 gems in the playlist tonight. Props to Chris Pankonin.
    • It was cool to watch the end of the volleyball match after the game. A good number of people stuck around for the end of game two. I'd say half the crowd. Then half of that crowd stuck around for game 3. And probably by the end of the match, we were down to about 1500 people, but they let out a good roar when they ended it. We may not have a night like this that doesn't involve football game in a long time. I hope you can appreciate how cool tonight was, and it was a hair lash away from being a night that would be on the short list of greatest nights of Husker Sports. It still might be with some room for hindsight.
    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Sounded like Miles teared up a little after game also...  We were so GD close!!!!  Atmosphere was great  Allen played huge.  Gill was off tonight. After game you could really tell the players wanted that one bad!  Too bad. 

     

    Jordy👎  Gotta get tougher. You put there center on our team  wow we would be special. 

     

    A lot of season left. Conference should be fun!!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    OUCH!! This one hurts. How in the heck did Washington beat Kansas? That said, this Miles team is beginning to put it together. No let downs. Win the next three, build momentum and come ready to compete in conference. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Watched this one from home, but it sounded like it was a special game to be at PBA for. Loved what I saw from just about everyone tonight. Damn you Svi! And damn you Mike and Tom Eades!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Played pretty well. 131 got them out of rythm. Didn’t work at Creighton worked tonight. Then back to our man when we needed it.  Gotta figure something out on low post d. 

     

    What a a great job getting the 2 for 1 at the end. That should have secured overtime at the least. Nice play by Kansas at the end but Copeland shouldn’t have helped. 

     

    What an awful officiating job. And I don’t usually point to it. But Donny Marshall even seemed sickened.  We get called for a moving screen and then numerous worse ones on ku not called. The great play draw up by Self for he lob isn’t effective if Ozubuke isn’t allowed to drive block our bottom man out of the way. None of our three charge calls were legit. The last one probably the most egregious where KU defender actually launched himself forward into Palmer. KU big man should have been out of the game. At least three times he violated verticality rules by jumping forward into shooter.  I guess if your arms are over your head you can launch yourself into another player. See the tough shot gill made late first half. Guy probably displaced an airborn shooter by 4 feet. Just an awful awful officiated game. An easy 10 points by the zebras on blatant missed calls. 

     

    So pissed. Did so many things well. 

     

    GBR. Keep showing up like this and we will win 20

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Coaches kid said:

    OUCH!! This one hurts. How in the heck did Washington beat Kansas? That said, this Miles team is beginning to put it together. No let downs. Win the next three, build momentum and come ready to compete in conference. 

     

     

    Washington beat KU because KU wasn’t disciplined enough to let Vick shoot it 40 times from 5 foot out. Instead shot a bunch of contested 3s. One of the most insane defensive schemes I’ve ever seen employed that actually worked. Think the Washington coach knew more about the mental make up of KU than self did on that night. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Kendrick Perkins said:

    Found a way to lose, per usual.  Won't be a popular take here but that's what this program does.   Hopefully we can make a run in league play and get into the dance.  If not, time to move on.   

    💩💩💩💩

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, Kendrick Perkins said:

    Found a way to lose, per usual.  Won't be a popular take here but that's what this program does.   Hopefully we can make a run in league play and get into the dance.  If not, time to move on.   

     

    I wish I could say welcome back.  You managed to get my down arrows going again!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It was a great atmosphere tonight for sure. Can’t agree more with the Scott Frost take. I get why they did it, but takes away from the reason I was there tonight. Not disrespectful per se, but close. Here to support a good basketball team, not another sport’s coach. I don’t know how it looked on TV, but felt like we got jobbed by the refs. I hate to blame refs, but they’ve cost us the last two games. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

    💩💩💩💩

     

    Hot take.  Are you a stats based guy or an emotional guy?   Would love to see the stats that would indicate success is in our near future. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    One heck of a game today ladies and gents. That was well worth the price of admission and then some. Loved everything I saw from the guys except for Jordy letting an average post player have a career day. Now we have 3 get right games at home before conference play begins. The fun is just beginning. The peak hasn't come quite yet. There is still noise to be made. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    our players played about as well as you could ask. i think our coaches screwed our players out of a win.

     

    why was jordy switching onto guards every time kansas set a screen?

     

    auzibuke had about 7 wide open dunks while jordy was stuck on the perimeter.

     

    i couldn't believe we did this the entire game without the coaches making an adjustment.

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hey, @ConkintheCorner, would love to have a fact-based discussion with you.  I'll let you go first: lay out, statistically, how we are on track to getting to where we want to be (consistent NCAA qualifier).  I guess those might be too high of expectations for some on here, though.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    48 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

    our players played about as well as you could ask. i think our coaches screwed our players out of a win.

     

    why was jordy switching onto guards every time kansas set a screen?

     

    auzibuke had about 7 wide open dunks while jordy was stuck on the perimeter.

     

    i couldn't believe we did this the entire game without the coaches making an adjustment.

     

     

    He wasn’t switched into guards. He was hedging screens so they didn’t drop 3s in our face.  The rotations were awful on Jordys part and I’m sure there is a lot of other players at fault as well but he didn’t look active and didn’t seem to give great effort recovering.  If you want to not let teams shoot 60% from 3 then the hedging is necessary but the recovery was awful.  Seemed improved in the 2nd half. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, TZAHL said:

    He wasn’t switched into guards. He was hedging screens so they didn’t drop 3s in our face.  The rotations were awful on Jordys part and I’m sure there is a lot of other players at fault as well but he didn’t look active and didn’t seem to give great effort recovering.  If you want to not let teams shoot 60% from 3 then the hedging is necessary but the recovery was awful.  Seemed improved in the 2nd half. 

    there were several times he flat out switched onto the guard and they threw it into auzibuke for a wide open dunk.

     

    not blaming jordy for this. our coaches did not gameplan at all for auzibuke which was a huge mistake.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    52 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

     

     

    auzibuke had about 7 wide open dunks while jordy was stuck on the perimeter.

     

     

     

     

    Agree with this. The defense isn’t designed for him to be stuck on the perimeter. He seemed incapable of executing the game plan.  In which case he needs to not be in the game.  If the coaches are asking him to do something he isn’t capable of, then yes,  it’s on the coaches. 

     

     

    However Jordy is a young college students and sometimes mistakes happen. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, TZAHL said:

    Agree with this. The defense isn’t designed for him to be stuck on the perimeter. He seemed incapable of executing the game plan.  In which case he needs to not be in the game.  If the coaches are asking him to do something he isn’t capable of, then yes,  it’s on the coaches. 

     

     

    However Jordy is a young college students and sometimes mistakes happen. 

    Judging by his rotation I get the sense that if Okeke could provide any offense or Roby were had a other 15lbs. Jordy wouldn’t be playing much this season. We need him right now for depth and just a body. I was hoping he’d pick it up by now, I think he’s regressed. Allen stepped up nicely, Isaiah and Issac are finding their spacing and what they bring to the offense and Glynn is  figuring when he needs to assert himself. We’re goin to make some noise in the BIG 10, this team is really really good 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The small ball lineup (Copeland at the 4, Roby at the 5) is my favorite, even though they did turn it over a few times tonight. Liked what Coach Miles said in the postgame about how he thinks about how he’d want to defend that lineup because it’s so tough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

    It was a great atmosphere tonight for sure. Can’t agree more with the Scott Frost take. I get why they did it, but takes away from the reason I was there tonight. Not disrespectful per se, but close. Here to support a good basketball team, not another sport’s coach.

    That was my initial reaction to Frost also, but I'm a basketball-first guy.(what's wrong with me?)

     

    But then I heard Miles orchestrated Frost's appearance so I'm fine with it. Must have felt it was worth a few points or he wouldn't have done it.

     

    Edited by Chuck Taylor

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×