That was a different Nebraska team than we've seen all year. If they bring that energy, effort and fire most nights, they'll be playing in March.
- Glynn: TFS
- They were really aggressive in pushing the ball tonight. Hope we see more of that.
- Copeland quietly had a solid game.
- Jordy still struggled a bit on the offensive end, though he did have a pretty little dime to Roby after the under 8 TO in the 2nd half. He was much, much better on the defensive end and boards. Duby, too.
- First game in five where they were under 40% from 3.
- But they got to the line a ton tonight and made their free throws. That's closer to what I expect from them than what we've seen this year.
- Miles said they used a defense on Lynch, I think, that they hadn't practiced before their walk-through yesterday.
- There was an offensive foul where Mason got trucked by Duby. Miles asked him if he was OK before the inbound. They both shared a laugh. Cool moment.
- Crowd was legit tonight. Good work, team. "Husker Power" needs to be better.
- Seems like we've got our rotation pared down to 9. That's probably a good spot for it.
- I actually liked the little scuffle and chippyness that led to the technical fouls. NU needs to play with more of that edge.
- The guy who took the half court shot before the game was asked how he was feeling, he said: "Not too great". Then he nailed the halfcourt shot. I turned to my buddy and said, "let's hope that's hint at what's to come." Turns out it was. Fun night had by all...except for my Minnesota friends.
Let's bring that effort and energy to the Clink on Saturday and see what happens.