- This was an interesting game because both teams fell into the other's game plan. NU wanted to slow the pace and keep the scoring low and for large parts of the game, they did that. They kept the Jays in the scoring range they wanted to. They defended well. They rebounded fairly well. They got the line more (until the very end). They just couldn't score.
- The Jays wanted the Huskers to turn into a jump shooting team. The Huskers were happy to oblige. They went 3-22 from three. And a bunch of 'em were good looks, they gotta be able to hit 8 of 22 if they're gonna get that many open looks. But they couldn't do that and it was the difference in the game.
- Both teams got the other do what they wanted them to do. When that happens, the difference became who was the better team and that was the Jays.
- When Tai got in foul trouble, that really changed the game. He was having enough success and was giving the Jays all sorts of fits. When he got in foul trouble, he was basically neutered. He couldn't do the things that make him so valuable.
- Jordy had a really great first half. The Jays really struggled with him. It was easily the best he's looked. Hopefully he'll build on that.
- Thought Roby looked nice at times. Looked overwhelmed at others.
- Needed Glynn and Ed to be on their games. Neither were. On top of that, none of the other role players played well either. Not a good recipe for success.
- When it got down 20-4, I thought "here we go again". I'm guessing a lot of people did.
- Thought it was really impressive they were able to fight back and get into the game at half time. Just couldn't get over the hump.
I don't know what else to say right now. I'm sure I'll have other things at some point. Just really disappointed they couldn't answer the challenge tonight. The Jays are a really good team. NU had their chances, they just couldn't make it happen tonight. On to the next one...and what a doozy it is...