Wednesday, Dec. 28, 7 p.m.
Pinnacle Bank Arena
Live Video: BTN Plus
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
KBBK 107.3 FM - Lincoln; KKCD 105.9 FM Omaha; KRGY 97.3 FM - Grand Island; KICS 1550 AM - Hastings;
KZMC 102.1 FM - McCook; KHAQ 98.5 FM - North Platte; KNEB 94.1 FM - Scottsbluff; Inside PBA 87.7 FM
Free Live Audio: Huskers.com/Huskers App
Huskers preparing to take on the Wildcats Wednesday
Nebraska opens Big Ten Wednesday against Northwestern, Dec. 28. Tip is set for 7 p.m. inside Pinnacle Bank Arena.
This is the lone meeting between the Wildcats and Cornhuskers this season. Northwestern is receiving votes in the latest AP and Coaches Polls.
The game will be streamed live online via BTN Plus on BTN2Go. This is the 14th all-time meeting between Northwestern and Nebraska. The Huskers lead the series, 8-5. Northwestern is 0-4 in Lincoln, Neb. The teams split the season series last year with the Wildcats picking up an 85-62 win at home and the Huskers winning 76-67 on their home floor. This is the only meeting in the 2016-17 regular season.
32 - Jessica Shepard - 6-4 - So. - F
22 - Allie Havers - 6-5 - Sr. - C
5 - Nicea Eliely - 6-1 - Fr. - G
11 - Esther Ramacieri - 5-8 - Sr.
34 - Jasmine Cincore - 5-10 - Jr. - G
10 - Nia Coffey - 6-1 Sr, - F
24 - Christen Inman - 5-10 - Sr. - G
3 - Ashley Deary - 5-4 - Sr. - G
12 - Lydia Rohde - 5-10 - Jr. - G
34 - Oceana Hamilton - 6-4 - Jr. - C
Northwestern Head Coach Joe McKeown brings his 11 - 2 Wildcats to Pinnacle Bank Arena to start off the B1G regular season.
The Wildcats return four starters from last year’s roster, including tri-captains Nia Coffey who is averging 20.6 ppg and 12.2 rebounds, Ashley Deary scoring 11.5 points a game to go along with 6.5 asists and4.5 steals and Christen Inman is knocking down 13.3 ppg..
Northwestern ranks sixth in the country and first in the Big Ten in blocks per gamewith 6.7. The Wildcats have registered double-digit blocks twice and have had six or more on nine different occasions.
Ashley Deary, who owns the top three NU single-season steals records, careerrecord and Big Ten single season record, is just three steals shy of breaking the Big Ten career record of 372. She is also the nation’s current active career steals leader with 370 and leads the category by 71. She ranks fourth in the country this season in steals per game with 4.54.
• The Huskers have been outscored this season 848 -740
• Jessica Shepard leads the Huskers with averages of 18 points and 10.5 rebounds per game.
• Shepard owns six double-doubles this season, including a season-high 28 points and 14 rebounds against San Jose State.
• Nebraska freshman Nicea Eliely ranks second on the team in scoring (8.5 ppg), third in rebounding (4.8 rpg), second in assists (2.8 apg) and first in steals (1.6 spg), field goal percentage (.513) and three-point field goal percentage (.429) through the first 12 games of her collegiate career.
• Nebraska senior Allie Havers has competed in 108 consecutive games since the first game of her freshman season.
• The Huskers have knocked down at least one three-pointer in 263 straight regular-season games.
• Nebraska has hit at least two three-pointers in 142 consecutive games.
• Proud Husker fan Noah121 and prominent member on HHC is an alum of both Nebraska & Northwestern!
BEAT THE WILDCATS!