NCAA and NIT

hskr4life

So let's start a chat... If this needs to be moved, feel free.

Northwestern and Kansas State both snuffed from the NIT. Monmouth gets snuffed from the NCAAs for who? Wichita State and Tulsa. Yikes.

It's messed up that a 20-12 Northwestern team doesn't make the NIT.

Not when they play the trash non-con schedule they did it's not.

Northwestern and Kansas State both snuffed from the NIT. Monmouth gets snuffed from the NCAAs for who? Wichita State and Tulsa. Yikes.

Not when they play the trash non-con schedule they did it's not.

Right, I don't feel sorry for NW either. Soft non-con and they beat just one team with a winning record in BIG play. I don't think they have any reason to feel cheated. 

Going forward we know that an 11-7 Big Ten record won't necessarily get you into the NCAA, and 8-10 with 20 wins overall doesn't guarantee the NIT.

X number of wins = this without the context of strength of schedule is a flawed equation.

Northwestern is a paper tiger. They beat Wisconsin at home at Virginia Tech on the road. Their next most impressive win was over us on the road.  Their non-con is an example of why scheduling to make the tourney is an important part of making the tourney.

I don't think Rutgers being in the Big Ten helped any of the B1G teams in their seeding. Just sayin'

Hate to say this but I wondered yesterday if our victory over Michigan State kept them from being a 1 seed. 

MSU has nothing to cry about, they have a relatively easy passage to the Elite 8.  

6300 in ATT. at the Krayton game last night.....I guess it's a good thing they don't report actual attendance during the season. 

Something tells me we draw less than that for a CBI game. Also, was the turnaround in schedule too fast for them to do a groupon?

Maybe for the CBI...with the lineup they threw out there.  Last NIT home game we had 9400K...and that was at the Bob.  Had we made the NIT this year and received a home game I would venture to guess we would have had +10K IMO.