Nebraska will not pursue further postseason play

my guess is the real reason is that miles wants to start recruiting. we are clearly a couple pieces away from contending.

I would guess that the administration saw the possibilities available would have cost more than they're worth. Oh well. Let's get back to the Big Dance in 2017!!

Could be either of those two and it could have also been some of the guys on team ready to be done.  Any of these three things happens and it becomes everyone

This DOES NOT make my day.  I certainly understand protecting the players and assuring class work and so forth.  Yet, I wonder how all the teams that are forced to play in the NCAA tournament, the NIT tournament and the other games do it???

I guess consider it from the perspective of Ed Morrow. I think Ed would be happy to play in the NCAA or NIT even though it meant that every time he did anything his foot hurt.  Does we really want to make him pay that physical price so we don't lose to a MEAC team at home next weeK?

I'm disappointed, but I get it.  I didn't realized they have been playing since July.  That's one long season and its been a tough one.

Kids need to get their off season programs started, heal up, get better.

Coaches need to start recruiting, and then recruit, and finish up by recruiting more.

Earning next year's W's starts now.  GBR.

This DOES NOT make my day. I certainly understand protecting the players and assuring class work and so forth. Yet, I wonder how all the teams that are forced to play in the NCAA tournament, the NIT tournament and the other games do it???

I guess consider it from the perspective of Ed Morrow. I think Ed would be happy to play in the NCAA or NIT even though it meant that every time he did anything his foot hurt. Does we really want to make him pay that physical price so we don't lose to a MEAC team at home next weeK?

This.

As much as we as fans would love more Husker bball, from a physical standpoint, these guys have to be beat. All it might've taken was Shields or Parker thinking it was time, and that would've probably been enough. Also, who knows what kind of shape Shavon is in after getting fouled twice while also getting no call while also getting hurt.

Kind of bums me out.  The way we have been playing I think we could have won the CBI or whatever minor tourney we could have played in.  It has been a long season; I get that.  I think mentally it would have helped the returning players (unless we flamed out in the first game).  The extra reps for the young kids are always nice as well.

Fans understandably want to see more hoops, but I think this is for the best. There is so little to be gained from a CBI appearance and a handful of extra practices for a team that is physically worn down from a brutally long season.

And obviously we need to get back to recruiting hard because that "shiny new toy" window is closing fast on us.

These guys finished really strong and with a ton of heart. I'm glad that this run will be their last memory of a somewhat disappointing season. If I'm a player I'd prefer that to losing at home to Canisius or something because no one gave a crap.