We Have a Game Today Folks Vol. 1 Issue 3

hskr4life

Big Ten Tournament 2016: Maryland basketball faces Nebraska Huskers in quarterfinal round - Testudo Times

http://www.testudotimes.com/2016/3/10/11199876/big-ten-tournament-bracket-schedule-game-time-tv-channel-maryland-nebraska-preview

Prediction

Nebraska is better than many of us might think. The Huskers' win against Wisconsin was legitimately impressive, and they also beat Michigan State in East Lansing earlier this year. So, the Terps could certainly lose.

But Maryland hasn't played since Sunday, while this will be Nebraska's third game in three days. With that in mind:

Maryland, 76-68.

Big Ten Tournament 2016: Maryland basketball faces Nebraska Huskers in quarterfinal round - Testudo Times

http://www.testudotimes.com/2016/3/10/11199876/big-ten-tournament-bracket-schedule-game-time-tv-channel-maryland-nebraska-preview

Prediction

Nebraska is better than many of us might think. The Huskers' win against Wisconsin was legitimately impressive, and they also beat Michigan State in East Lansing earlier this year. So, the Terps could certainly lose.

But Maryland hasn't played since Sunday, while this will be Nebraska's third game in three days. With that in mind:

Maryland, 76-68.

Nebraska certainly could have beaten Maryland the first time around. Time to go get some turtle soup tonight!

If Maryland settles for jumpers that will at least give us a fighting chance. If they try to pound it inside, get to the rim, and get some fouls called on us it could spell trouble. I loved the way we attacked the post with guards last night. Our rotations to the perimeter on the kick were fast and didn't allow them open jumpers. Fatigue could have a factor in how quick we are to getting a hand in a shooters face. Lets go shock the world again!

If we are allowed to play physical, then anything can happen.  If we get called for ticky-tac fouls early on, it may be a longgg night.

And if we do get a little foul trouble on White and or Shields, Miles cannot afford to keep sitting them the entire half like he has all year.  On his radio show, he was asked about this and he said he doesn't necessarily believe in it like some coaches.  Yet he has done it every single time.  And multiple games got away from us as a result.  We cannot allow this one to get away from us as a result of this strategy.  If they foul out, then they foul out.  Deal with playing without them at that point.  But we need our best guys playing big minutes to beat these good teams.   That being said, we did get away with it last night sitting White with the two fouls. 

I've heard a lot of talk on this board and just in general that our guys might not have the legs left to get the job done today since we played 2 games already. Is playing games on back to back (to back) games really a huge factor for us? I mean in this day and age all these guys are used to growing up and playing possibly 3 or 4 AAU basketball games a day potentially for an entire weekend every week of the summer. Now I know there is a HUGE difference between AAU games and Big Ten games, but I guess I just have a hard time understanding that we will be gassed becausewe've played 2 games already. Obviously guys dealing with bumps and bruises might be feeling the effects the following day, but I just don't believe having "tired legs" is a factor against us. I could very well be completely wrong on this however. What are everyone else's thoughts?