Are you sure there's no such thing as ghosts?

Norm Peterson

Moral Victory National Champions!

All joking aside though, I think coach has got a team this year - ragtag a bunch as they are - and they have guts and determination, and because of this, they are gonna surprise us and win games they shouldn't, I am convinced of that now.

Moral Victory National Champions!

All joking aside though, I think coach has got a team this year - ragtag a bunch as they are - and they have guts and determination, and because of this, they are gonna surprise us and win games they shouldn't, I am convinced of that now.

Now, that's something I can comprehend. Teamwork is definitely there, even when skill/agility seems to be lacking. Better days ahead for Big Red !!

At this juncture in the Miles era, it's up to the team to not settle and not be satisfied.   For me as a fan, I don't think it can be overstated of how prowd I am of these guys and their fight.   Being in these last 2 games right up to the end with all that is going on is SHOCKING to me.   I simply have no idea how we can maintain this level with what we have going on.

the thing I like for the future is having Biggs, Pitchford, and Petteway there with the team every day.  My reasoning is its hard for new guys to always buy into a system right, for the most part.  With those guys already in the fold its like a continuation for them even though they haven stepped on the court.  They will want to go out there and prove things but have this current teams mindset already built in.

I am not sure about everyone else, but I watched this game waiting for and anticipating that the wheels were eventually going to fall off and that we would lose the game.  I am proud of how we played, but I have/had the wrong attitude as well.  The fact that I am not expecting a win is sooo wrong.  Yet, you cannot heap too high of expectations on this team. 

Against Michigan (and I mentioned this before) I had four expectations going into the game...I think they were "only" down 15 at half, stay within 25, play hard, and no injuries.  Right after the game I was happy that all my expectations were met or exceeded...only to find out we lost Ubel to injuries...sheesh. 

I guess I have no clue what I am rambling on about, other than I worry that our biggest hurdle to jump next year is the same hurdle the Cubs have been trying to jump over...that is, how do you win.

the thing I like for the future is having Biggs, Pitchford, and Petteway there with the team every day.  My reasoning is its hard for new guys to always buy into a system right, for the most part.  With those guys already in the fold its like a continuation for them even though they haven stepped on the court.  They will want to go out there and prove things but have this current teams mindset already built in.

Add in having to practice against those three can only help the guys playing now.

The team won't get a moral victory if they're willing to settle for one.  That's kind of an irony, right?  But they have to want the win in spite of whatever odds and it has to rip their guts out when they lose.  If they're willing to settle for a moral victory, they'll never sniff a win.

But that's the team. 

I, as a fan, can complain about crappy play in a win and rejoice in a close loss where they took a team with clearly superior talent and kept them on the ropes to the bitter end.  As a fan, I can celebrate a loss under circumstances such as these.  I can be happy with how the team played.  Even though it's a loss, it feels to me as a fan so much better than getting blown out by Ohio State.

I don't see any fans on this board really complaining about how the team played yesterday.  Most everyone is happy or even giddy with how close we came to knocking off a ranked team on their home floor, while playing only 6 scholarship players, three of whom played at least 38 minutes.  The injured and hobbled starters, the foul disparity, the short bench -- it was all a David vs. Goliath scenario.  No good reason we should have kept this game competitive into the closing moments.

So, fans are celebrating a game that, at the end of the season, still counts in the record books as an "L."  What is that for the fans, then, if not a moral victory?

I am not sure about everyone else, but I watched this game waiting for and anticipating that the wheels were eventually going to fall off and that we would lose the game.  I am proud of how we played, but I have/had the wrong attitude as well.  The fact that I am not expecting a win is sooo wrong.  Yet, you cannot heap too high of expectations on this team. 

Against Michigan (and I mentioned this before) I had four expectations going into the game...I think they were "only" down 15 at half, stay within 25, play hard, and no injuries.  Right after the game I was happy that all my expectations were met or exceeded...only to find out we lost Ubel to injuries...sheesh. 

I guess I have no clue what I am rambling on about, other than I worry that our biggest hurdle to jump next year is the same hurdle the Cubs have been trying to jump over...that is, how do you win.

I went through this with the baseball team I follow last year. I'd watched them lose, and often lose in the worst, most embarrassing fashion possible. Then, last year, they started winning, and then they kept winning. They finished with the best record in baseball. But I'd been through such low times over the past several years, and in many cases, with the same players on the roster, that I kept waiting for those wheels to go careening, but they never did. Kinda how it'll feel if/when NU starts winning these sort of games.