Dan Dakich

HoiBall

Can be a very polarizing figure when calling games. I know Iowa fans don't think too highly of him just based on the fact he is very critical of their players. Some believe him to be quite the homer for the Hoosiers. He will calling the game tonight, just trying to get everyone's thoughts on whether they enjoy games when he is on the call. I have never had a problem with him, and I see him as being very fair and honest when calling Husker games. He has not been shy in his praise of The Vault on broadcasts. What are your thoughts?

He's ok. I just don't think he should be assigned to games which feature his son's team.

This!  No matter how much you try to stay even, it is very tough to call games and not have a little rooting interest for your own son.

I'd probably feel that way if Dakich's son actually played more than 10 seconds at a time in a ballgame! ;)

He's ok. I just don't think he should be assigned to games which feature his son's team.

This!  No matter how much you try to stay even, it is very tough to call games and not have a little rooting interest for your own son.

I'd probably feel that way if Dakich's son actually played more than 10 seconds at a time in a ballgame! ;)

See... this causes even more bias because he has to cheer sooooo much against the other team that Michigan goes up by 20 and his son can get in.   :lol:

See... this causes even more bias because he has to cheer sooooo much against the other team that Michigan goes up by 20 and his son can get in.   :lol:

haha, good point - Dakich just rubs people the wrong way, but he's good at his role next to the uber-pro Tirico.

I like Dakich just because is different, he will get after the refs if they make bad calls, he will say just completely random things that only he notices, but once he says you notice it and just adds the right amount of wackiness to what can be a stale broadcast. He and Tirico are one of my favorite announcing combos. 

Fun Dakich facts: 1. He guarded Michael Jordan in MJ's last collegiate game, an NCAA upset to Indiana. 2. He actually shut him down but since MJ scored the game's first two baskets, Dakich thought at one point the score might be Jordan 160, Indiana 0. 3. He once invented a diet in which he only ate lunch- at an all you can eat Chinese buffet. (didn't work).