We have a game today folks

royalfan

This season is not over gentlemen(and ladies).  Someone has to beat us or we win the national championship.  And this deal starts tomorrow.  Potential for 11 games(12 if they put us in the first four).  It is obviously not likely to make a run, but come on.  Not enough discussion about the tournament.  We are not terribly outmanned by anyone in the league.  We have to shoot the ball well and we need to ride or die with White and Shields taking a lot of shots IMO.  Lets get through this tricky first game, hopefull with Miles using the bench a lot.  We have better players than Wisconsin in the next game.  Then a struggling Maryland team.  Hopefully an upset of Michigan St. prior but we have beaten them.  Then hopefully we catch a cold shooting team having played the prior two days.  Not easy, but that is what we have in front of us.  No reason whatsoever to give up before we even start. 

This season is not over gentlemen(and ladies). Someone has to beat us or we win the national championship. And this deal starts tomorrow. Potential for 11 games(12 if they put us in the first four). It is obviously not likely to make a run, but come on. Not enough discussion about the tournament. We are not terribly outmanned by anyone in the league. We have to shoot the ball well and we need to ride or die with White and Shields taking a lot of shots IMO. Lets get through this tricky first game, hopefull with Miles using the bench a lot. We have better players than Wisconsin in the next game. Then a struggling Maryland team. Hopefully an upset of Michigan St. prior but we have beaten them. Then hopefully we catch a cold shooting team having played the prior two days. Not easy, but that is what we have in front of us. No reason whatsoever to give up before we even start.

Let's go!!!! I'm pumped up!!!

Two words: Austin Peay. But I am a little concerned about Sanders, and I don't mean Bernie. Also, there was a nice article on Gill in the LJS this morning. Dimes posted it in the External media section here last night-but I often neglect to visit that section myself, so check it out.

Why not us? Why? The basketball gods taketh some of Shields games earlier this year. Why not giveth him more with the gift of a nearly impossible run. His two humble senior servants have giveth him everything over the past 4 years. They deserve to receive a humble gift in return. Oh Gods of all things basketball... Giveth Shavon and Benny just one more chance at an NCAA. They deserve it.

Two words: Austin Peay. But I am a little concerned about Sanders, and I don't mean Bernie. Also, there was a nice article on Gill in the LJS this morning. Dimes posted it in the External media section here last night-but I often neglect to visit that section myself, so check it out.

Colonel Sanders?  The fried chicken guy?  No need to worry, jimmy.  He's been dead for years.  That's just an actor portraying him in the commercials.

Colonel Sanders?  The fried chicken guy?  No need to worry, jimmy.  He's been dead for years.  That's just an actor portraying him in the commercials.

KFC now subs more Colonel Sanders than Mike Anderson players in his 40 minutes of hell at Arkansas.

Everything starts with Corey Sanders, who put up 28 of his team's 63 points in Lincoln.

It's all about keeping him from penetrating the lane as he's not a good 3pt shooter and sucking in defenders frees up teammates he can find.  I have to think we'll run a decent amount of zone in this game because not only is Rutgers an overall sub-par 3pt shooting team, they don't take many of them. Sure Mike Williams went 6-8 last game but he's a lot more likely to go 2-6 in this game given his history.

Minnesota was playing with 5-6 scholarship players, starting a walk-on freshman guard, and playing a guy 10+ minutes who only had 2 the entire season; they're still horrible.  If anything the win is something that the coaches can use to motivate the team to not sleep on Rutgers.  You would hope this wouldn't be a problem for a team on a skid.

We gotta come out and punch them right in the jaw early. Bring everything we got, build a big lead, and then rest guys in the 2nd half. Cannont let Rutgers hang around and force us to play our top 7 guys 25-30+ minutes. In order to go 5 in 5, our key players will need the rest

I like our second game matchup (Wisconsin) the best of all the possibilities of who we could've had. OK, first things first ... I'm a little worried about us tonight. There's a lot of downside to this game but not a lot of upside and Rutgers has been playing a little better. We might get a good hint at the state of our guys' mindset from this game tonight. I'm thinking there will be about 500 people in the stands tonight ...