Mich. State Game Thread: Wish You(bel) Were Here

cipsucks

I'm not going to say anything about the dunk at the end, we were pressing and trying to steal the ball down 8 with 17 seconds to go, if we aren't going to stop playing why should we expect them to?

Don't want them to dunk on you?  Don't let them.  Simple as that.

They could of ran out the clock without dunking... obviously if we were still trying to "win it" we would have fouled...

True, but I am a believer in the "if you don't want me to run the score up, then get better" adage, and that applies to my team just as much as it does to theirs.  

I think Miles was talking about the Gallegos foul where their player got "injured". Seriously, when he came back out of the locker room did he have to run infront of the Husker bench to get to his bench?

I vote for this.  That was absolutely unnecessary, plus he almost ran into coach Miles while he was doing it.  Not a terribly classy move.

That's certainly possible that it was one or the other, but I suggest it was probably a few things. Izzo seemed to understand what Miles was telling him, whatever it was. Wish we could have heard what was said.

I think Miles was talking about the Gallegos foul where their player got "injured". Seriously, when he came back out of the locker room did he have to run infront of the Husker bench to get to his bench?

I vote for this.  That was absolutely unnecessary, plus he almost ran into coach Miles while he was doing it.  Not a terribly classy move.

That's certainly possible that it was one or the other, but I suggest it was probably a few things. Izzo seemed to understand what Miles was telling him, whatever it was. Wish we could have heard what was said.

I noticed that too, not only that but Izzo seemed maybe apologetic about whatever it was Miles was seemingly upset with.

And I retract what I said about it earlier, about it not being 'classy', that's probably not the right way to describe it.  It's more of a not good idea.  What happens if Trevor Mienke just so happens to stretch his legs out right while the kid is jogging by and trips him - accidentally, of course *wink wink* - and causes him to ACTUALLY injure his knee?