question about the future and I am a husker fan, also

sooner

I haven't been following Nebraska wbb much this year and I am wondering, does the future look good?  I hope so.  I have always liked Connie Yori and Nebraska teams.  Hate that OU and Nebraska are no longer in the same conference.  Finally, does anyone know how well this year's softball team may do?  I am a fan or women's sports and OU, Ok  St, and Neb are the teams I follow, when I have time.  Not an expert on any  of the teams, though know a bit more about OU than the others.

Have a friend whose father is a fanatic Nebraska fan and she is a pretty big fan, just sometimes doesn't have time to keep up.  So anyway, just wanted to catch up on news for the wbb and softball.

I think that the wbb was expecting to do better this year.  I don't know who is coming in, nor what type of injuries hampered the team.  I have read posts at rebkell by people, who know basketball and follow all division I basketball games, say that Shepard does things that a freshman just usually does not know.  

Okay, thanks in advance for any replies.

First off welcome to HHC, We have a new assistant who played at OU.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210036191

The softball team is ranked in the top 25 at 23 they won a series from Wichita State over the week end.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=34&SPSID=110&DB_OEM_ID=100

This link is to the softball home page, Enjoy.

Yea, Shepard has been as advertised. She lived up to her top 3 or 4 in the country. All B1G freshman player of year, and 1st team All B1G team. Got a injury to foot/leg late in year, so her year is pretty much done. Had a good glass come with her too.

Also lost two of our starting PG's too..... late this year, so been a struggle late.

The team has had a lot of injuries the last couple of years, and has been a big issue. So the team has been held back because of it.

Have a good group of 5 guards/wings coming in next year.....we need PG and guards quite a bit to develop depth. Will still be pretty young next year.

Don't know to much about the softball team. Graduated some good ones in last couple of years.

Thanks for the replies.  Since posting, I checked out the softball team @ Huskers.com.  They seem to be doing pretty well.

Would love to see them make it back to OKC for the WCWS.

I knew Brittney Brown had joined the Huskers. She was one of my favorite players.  Hoping she is doing well there and enjoying it and that she is liked by Nebraska basketball community.