Jessica S. Big Ten Freshmen of the year

HUD

Had to flip to page 7 of this mornings OWHerald to find the story.Guess I'll have to look elsewhere to see the rest of the all-conference team,as the OWH didn't post it.

When the mens team is announced, they'll probably list the 1st through 3rd teams,with their favorite songs,quotes from coaches etc.

What a sham.

Imagine the coverage if NUs men had the freshman of the year that was also 1st team all conference.

That's been my complaint for years as well.  It even happens to the women's VB team at times and they are a regular top 5 team.

I have been a sports fan all my life and prefer watching women's bb over men's.  Call me crazy but they just don't have the ego problem as much.

That's been my complaint for years as well.  It even happens to the women's VB team at times and they are a regular top 5 team.

I have been a sports fan all my life and prefer watching women's bb over men's.  Call me crazy but they just don't have the ego problem as much.

Coached both sexes for quite a while, and don't want to sound sexist ....and this is just my own very general observations......

There are exceptions to every thought of course.

Girls do generally have less of an ego to deal with. They also are generally less aggressive and want positive coaching. But do seem to want to learn, and accept coaching more easily.  There isn't typically as much competitiveness among teammates. Want to play together as a group. Need to teach them to play with more physical presence....play not as girls, but as athletes. Building confidence is essential.

Guys, by their nature may be are more aggressive and physical in their approach to sports. Guy's can have a tendency to play as individuals, where girls want everyone on the team to excel.

....but team chemistry is utmost in both cases to be successful as a team. Developing chemistry, other than X'& O's,  is probably the coaches biggest responsibility to develop.

Indiana seems to be a team that has real good chemistry....maybe not so overly talented.... but play together well.