Official new floor design for Pinnacle Bank Arena

skerbball

post-115-0-57917600-1357957922_thumb.jpg

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/pinnacle-bank-arena-orders-basketball-floor/article_43208a00-fe69-5c4a-9714-3e6c31a0a797.html

Many have seen this before but...thoughts? Ironic seeing the First National Bank logos on the floor in arena named Pinnacle Bank Arena. Safe to say Nebraska will be "money" from the floor for years to come....

Oh, for Pete's sake, can we get MORE advertising on the playing surface, please?

:rolleyes:

Also, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the curved lines out of bounds.  To my eye, every rendering I've seen that red/white border makes the sidelines not look straight.  I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see it in person or on TV though.

Oh well, it could be worse I suppose.

Oh, for Pete's sake, can we get MORE advertising on the playing surface, please?

Also, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the curved lines out of bounds.  To my eye, every rendering I've seen that red/white border makes the sidelines not look straight.  I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see it in person or on TV though.

maybe we can get corporate sponsorship for free throws? that'll at least keep the court from getting cluttered up. "This brick brought to you by..."

Need to make the N a little smaller.  Or even more preferably....the state outline.

Loved the state outline with the star over Lincoln in the early 90's...

I do believe the court is sponsored by First National Bank of Omaha, while the whole building is known as Pinnacle Bank Arena... Perhaps the restrooms could be referred to as Bank of the West (or waste).  :wub:

Need to make the N a little smaller.  Or even more preferably....the state outline.

I do believe the court is sponsored by First National Bank of Omaha, while the whole building is known as Pinnacle Bank Arena... Perhaps the restrooms could be referred to as Bank of the West (or waste).  :wub:

Auroran??  Is that really YOU???

OK, you can't take a sabbatical from May, 2010 and just show back up without an update....where have you been?  What's been going on?  Man, I feared you had perhaps met your demise....   Welcome back! :)

Yes!  Bring back the state outline.  The N is ridiculous and looks stupid.  I liked the last court...looked classy.

Could go with the paint being red and the foul line area being white.  I've seen it was like that at the Colosseum.

This court looks like a phone with a Husker skin looking at the basketball court.

Got lost along the way, I guess. Finally made it back... seriously, it's good to be back posting once again in the Tim Miles B1G era.  On a personal note: I had to cut back on something as family-time with little ones has taken precedence the past couple years. Still does, but I'd like to be around a little bit more to post a bit more often.  :D

Oh well, it could be worseI suppose.

Auroran??  Is that really YOU???

OK, you can't take a sabbatical from May, 2010 and just show back up without an update....where have you been?  What's been going on?  Man, I feared you had perhaps met your demise....   Welcome back! :)

If you compare the rendering above to what is in the Hendricks, you'll notice some subtle differences:

6243773262_2bb1bae522_b.jpg

Namely:

1)  The absence of the Bus Whitehead Court and signature, replaced by FNBO advertising - Adv. Hendricks, no advertising is preferable

2)  The three point lines and the key are painted with white lines instead of red - Push

3)  The N includes a white stripe between the red body and red outline, clear in the render - Push

4)  The N appears much, much larger in the rendering than at Hendricks - Adv. Hendricks (caveat, the rendering may not be exactly to scale, it somehow appears off to me)

Overall, I find the Hendricks court much MUCH preferable to the one in the rendering.  I would have hoped they would be identical.  Then again, it's probably not enough to be upset about.  I didn't like the court back when it had the state outline and script huskers on it either and it didn't bother me all that much.

They need to bring back this design!!

90court.jpg

Well, if they ditched the state outline and the script "Huskers" then I'd agree.  I hate script "Huskers"...it looks retro in a terrible way.

That said, this is the "N" I would like to see at midcourt. 

Bring back the excitement surrounding that era of Nebrasketball, as well. Hopefully, that mojo is on the horizon!

They need to bring back this design!!

90court.jpg

Well, if they ditched the state outline and the script "Huskers" then I'd agree.  I hate script "Huskers"...it looks retro in a terrible way.

That said, this is the "N" I would like to see at midcourt.