Ubel out indefinitely

Huskerbb73

So that leaves us with this seven-man rotation against the nation's best conference:

PG Benny Parker 5-3 true freshman (bad knee)

SG Ray Gallegos 6-2 junior

SF Dylan Talley 6-5 senior

PF Shavon Shields 6-6 true freshman (bad elbow)

C Andre Almeida 6-11 senior (bad knees, ankles, etc.)

F David Rivers 6-7 sophomore (bad ankle)

C Sergej Vucetic 7-1 true freshman

Jordan Tyrance and Trevor Menke?

Timmy went 0-16 in the MWC in 2007-2008 at CSU, with Marcus Walker as his point guard.

A B1G record of 2-16 this year would be a triumph.

Well, that evens things up with Penn State a bit, doesn't it?  

Well, thank goodness it's happening this year when we have such low expectations.  I hope that fatigue wasn't a factor in him getting  hurt.  Sometimes when you get tired, you get prone to injuries because you're not protecting yourself the way you normally would.  

This news just sucks so bad I can't even begin to tell you.  Brandon has worked too hard to have this happen to him as a senior.  We'll now be playing walk-ons and Serg by default.  How in the world will we signal to the opposing coach that we're throwing in the towel?  

Sad for Ubel.  

Looking at this in a positive light....it gets Vucetic on the floor more which develops him for the future.  We find out more about him.

With Ubel...maybe we steal 3-4 conference wins.

Without...maybe 1....not a big deal for this year for the program.

Feel bad for Ubel, who was having a solid senior season.

Well as a take calming breath and think about it. 

Maybe we will see some of the future play together and see how it holds up. :unsure:

looking for something to be happy about. :huh:

hsker4life I need your sunshine please. :mellow:

We know Ubel was a leader and a hard worker.... Maybe this will be a good time for someone else to step up and lead this team.  Someone else to work just as hard as Ubel.  Serj should see some time, so if he can get us some points hey ya never know. 

When Ubel comes back, which sounds like he will... We could be seeing some more of Serj.  Basketball is a funny game... all it takes is the ball to bounce in your favor a few times, and if you are out hustling the other team... crazy things can happen.

We are just going to have to work that much harder to get those wins we want.  I know Miles isn't giving up... I know the players are not going to give up... and I know they do not want the fans giving up either.  We need a huge crowd for the Purdue game.  Show these guys that we care. 

The day they see us giving up, they may throw in the towel too...

At least Miles has a sense of humor about it.

Robin Washut@RobinWashut

Miles on rebounding: “If u step on a guy’s foot while he’s trying to go up, then it’s harder for him to jump. So we’re going to put that in”

Robin Washut@RobinWashut

Tim Miles had another idea to help his offense: "Maybe we'll petition a 65-second shot clock." #Nebrasketball

We do still have Andre, and this means he will need to play a few more minutes per game.  

The thing I fear about Andre is that he won't get a call in the Big.  Monsters like Nix will bounce off of him and because no body else ever has, they will call the foul on Andre. :angry:

That will bring in the next guys who are thinner.  But they need to know what is going to happen in the years to come, so unleash "The Vucetic" :o

Thanks hske4 that is all I needed.  Now lets go get those Nazi's for bombing Pearl Harbor. -_-

"Life is full of challenges.  Everyone has the power to overcome them and meet them.... so target you GOAL not your PROBLEMS."

--Nassor Elkhataal

This should be the motto of this team right now.  If we worry about losing Ubel, we lose the games.  If they decide to step up and play hard, anything can happen.