Dunking and the B1G Tourney

jason2486

Sorry, but I decided to roll 2 topics into one thread.

Easier said than done, but I'd like to see our guys be more aggressive in attacking the rim. Too many times, our posts and even guys like Tai who have good verticals settle for trying to get lay ups. We have to be one of the highest blocked teams in conference play. My thinking is when you go up strong for a dunk, the odds of getting fouled should increase as it's harder to block someone who has 2 hands tightly on the ball. It sounds like a dumb, easy reason, but how often do we seem to see guys on other teams go up strong for dunks nightly.

Regarding the B1G Tourney, my hope is that Shields and Morrow are getting rest that will have them fresh and rejuvenated for it. It sucks not having them now, but I believe (and hope) we will see a payoff from it. I still hold out hope that we could get hot at the right time and make a run at that tournament! I feel better, regardless of who we draw, than I have in a while about the conference tourney.

My same feelings on the conference tourney. This is certainly a year where it doesn't matter who we draw. We could beat anyone, and probably about lose to anyone as well. If we get hot... look out.

That's what we say every year

I think dunking is a mentality. We have talked about it with Hammond, we just don't teach it.