NIT Bracketology

kldm64

I disagree as think we can finish 3-1 down the stretch and get a win or two in the Big 10 tournament and still have a decent shot at NIT bid.  If we go 3-1 in our last four games, we would finish the year 17 - 14.  Not saying it will happen but that would still put us in the conversation at least.

19-15 or 18-15 would be two scenarios that have NU on the brink of the N.I.T. Hope the Huskers get on a roll, no matter how the 'end result' of post-season after the Big Ten tourney takes NU.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Vegas tourney for the experience gained for the underclassmen. For Benny & Shavon, it's NCAA or bust (in my eyes)! Need Shavon back at full speed to win out, however unlikely that may seem. GBR

Going to a Bowl game with a losing record and then following that up with a CBI/CTI invite makes my a** tired. We're better than that, and as I've heard Miles say, "you get what you tolerate".

What????

What does that even mean?  Better than what?

If you're excited about a CBI invite your expectations for this program are WAY lower than mine. I don't want us in some rinky dink tournament with a bunch of no-names, and frankly I don't care how "beneficial" the extra practice time would be. 

Going to a Bowl game with a losing record and then following that up with a CBI/CTI invite makes my a** tired. We're better than that, and as I've heard Miles say, "you get what you tolerate".

What????

What does that even mean?  Better than what?

If you're excited about a CBI invite your expectations for this program are WAY lower than mine. I don't want us in some rinky dink tournament with a bunch of no-names, and frankly I don't care how "beneficial" the extra practice time would be. 

I see, so it's better to deny extra practices and game experience for our underclassmen because they should instead be made to sit at home and reflect on the damage they've done.  They should be ashamed of themselves!

That'll really teach them to not suck so much next time, won't it!!!

I disagree as think we can finish 3-1 down the stretch and get a win or two in the Big 10 tournament and still have a decent shot at NIT bid.  If we go 3-1 in our last four games, we would finish the year 17 - 14.  Not saying it will happen but that would still put us in the conversation at least.

If we finish 3-1...say beating OSU, PSU, NW and beat Ohio state again in the tournament that would leave us with a record of 18-14 and a RPI near 120 at that point.  Tack on another win vs say...Iowa, that puts us at 105 for RPI.  Now, that would be close to being in the discussion...but probably asking alot out of this team.  Below is the latest NIT bracketology out of NYCBuckets who is usually pretty good...to put it in persective...Arizona St and Ole Miss are the two lowest seeded teams in the field right now. Both with RPI's in the low-mid 80's.  Not 100% sure how they pick the NIT teams but we are 70 spots off that pace right now.  It's more difficult to get into the NIT now as any team that wins their regular season conference title but does not get selected to the Big Dance gets an invite to the NIT automatically. 

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2016/02/nit-bracketology-feb-17-2016/

If we finish 3-1...say beating OSU, PSU, NW and beat Ohio state again in the tournament that would leave us with a record of 18-14 and a RPI near 120 at that point.  Tack on another win vs say...Iowa, that puts us at 105 for RPI.  Now, that would be close to being in the discussion...but probably asking alot out of this team.  Below is the latest NIT bracketology out of NYCBuckets who is usually pretty good...to put it in persective...Arizona St and Ole Miss are the two lowest seeded teams in the field right now. Both with RPI's in the low-mid 80's.  Not 100% sure how they pick the NIT teams but we are 70 spots off that pace right now.  It's more difficult to get into the NIT now as any team that wins their regular season conference title but does not get selected to the Big Dance gets an invite to the NIT automatically. 

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2016/02/nit-bracketology-feb-17-2016/

I do agree it's a long shot to make it but it's still possible.  Here is a different NIT Bracketology that has us listed as still being considered.  This was updated last Friday so the one you have it more current but shows that depending on what site you look at, there still is a glimmer of hope.

http://bracketmatrix.com/nit

What????

What does that even mean? Better than what?

I see, so it's better to deny extra practices and game experience for our underclassmen because they should instead be made to sit at home and reflect on the damage they've done. They should be ashamed of themselves!

We've turned down the CBI before...

What????

I see, so it's better to deny extra practices and game experience for our underclassmen because they should instead be made to sit at home and reflect on the damage they've done. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Yes we have, and I just quit smoking so I'm cranky...

What????

We are Nebrasketball fans, any postseason is a better than average year.

Plus after the samford and 3 game losing streak I thought this season was going to get really really ugly. I am excited for the Vegas 16 or cbi

What????

And how has that worked out????

We are not above any postseason, period.

The good thing about the lower level tourneys is that those who are not interested are not forced to watch. I'm sure many avoided that obnoxious Foster Farms bowl.

Good One Jimmy!

(We still need some emoticon for sarcasm, say tongue-in-cheek or something - if nothing else a wink might work.)

(Wink, Wink, Wink!)