NIT Bracketology

kldm64

I think we have a really good shot of making the postseason if we can get to 16 wins. Gotta steal an upset somewhere and best Penn St again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalki

They could no doubt get in. Not sure they'd take something below the NIT. It's possible, but not a sure thing.
When we had a losing record 2 years ago miles was more interested in recruiting and he said the team didn't want to play.

Since we have a bunch of pieces on campus for the next few years I see no reason not to get them more practice together.

If we go to the Vegas 16 you only have to lose a few days to recruiting. Heck during practice you don't need all the coaches in Lincoln.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

17 wins is very doable. Beating Ohio State at home would not be an upset, nor would Northwestern or Penn State on the road. Plus a game in the B1G tourney as a favorite and another against a 7-8-9-10 seed. That's five games with a good chance of winning. Only need 3 of those to get to 17.

If I do the math right it appears that there are 164 teams who will be able to play in a post season tournament of some sort. And that is not counting at least two teams who are not eligible to play because of sanctions. If merit has anything at all to do with teams being chosen it is hard to believe we will not be able to go somewhere if we want to keep playing. If these postseason opportunities continue to proliferate, it makes a good argument for those who want to let every team play in the NCAA tournament. Of course if merit were the sole reason for postseason extravaganzas, we would have no Fosters Farms Bowl.

Still, the mid-majors are some of the 351 Division I teams and the math again seems to indicate 47% of these teams will play postseason somewhere. I can't help but feel there will be a spot for us once our team is compared to all of the Rutgers and Minnesotas , not to mention the Grambling State and Abilene Christians, who are in the remaining 53%.

:rolleyes:Probability projections for the final push for Nebrasketball in the regular season:

http://www.huskermetrics.com/2016/02/does-nebrasketball-have-real-shot-at.html

Please someone bang my head against the wall.

Well, if that is what you really want, I imagine you might be able to get an Auroran to help you out.

:rolleyes:Probability projections for the final push for Nebrasketball in the regular season:

http://www.huskermetrics.com/2016/02/does-nebrasketball-have-real-shot-at.html

Please someone bang my head against the wall.

Well, if that is what you really want, I imagine you might be able to get an Auroran to help you out.

Ouch.     #BANGARANG